Moog Sound Studio

How cool. A Bonobo Moog Track :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If its true you can no longer buy the synths separately, that sucks.

I’m sure the passive mixer is fine, Id rather use my own mixer, or my octatrack. The cable organiser wotsit looks goofy to me. The cardboard cutouts and dice might be cool for kids, but not really something I want to spend money on.

Nice little package sure, I actually like the aesthetic of everything, but let people buy the gear separately, and make their own choices.

2 Likes

I must’ve missed that part. If true that’s seriously a bad call from Moog. Weren’t there loads of people making giant mother32 stacks and such?

2 Likes

Where are you inferring/reading this?

They’re all still available standalone to order.

4 Likes

Yup, still see them available as standalone units at Chuck Levins, which is also selling the Sound Studio bundle.

Sweetwater also continues to sell them as individual units

1 Like

Reading from a post by @Jukka

Moog DFAM - #655 by Jukka

As I said, if true, sucks. If false, no worries.

2 Likes

I believe he was referring to the extras that come with the kit, such as the mixer, the exercises and games, artwork, etc., and not the synths themselves.

3 Likes

Sorry for not being clearer.

What i was referencing was from the Synthtopia article:

We asked Moog if these will be available separately for existing Moog Eurorack system owners. They do not have plans to sell them separately at this time.

So if you already own one or all three of these synths you can’t buy the parts of the MSS that you don’t own. It’s a package, and you buy it all together. (Apart from the free stuff, you can download on-line.)

The cable organizer, for instance would be nice. The stand though i think is the one they already sell.

5 Likes

I think this was a fun way for Moog to repackage some of their semi-modular lineup. Now it just makes sense to do a 3 pack ultimate bundle with even more cool stuff in the package! Like throw in a shirt, or Moog One for free.

4 Likes

I take the shirt any day

6 Likes

Personal Summing Mixer?

The SH is not an easy machine like the others, steep learning curve and needs some practice to get something useful out of it. Nothing for impatient choleric people like me…:sunglasses::grimacing::upside_down_face:

1 Like

This also feels like something they may offer at a discount to schools. The Apple thing of getting a key group familiar with your products, to build brand loyalty.

In some ways it’s nothing new, i hesitated starting a thread off this, as it is old wine in new bottles. On the other hand it is special too.

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks like the summing mixer will take 4 audio inputs and sum to a single stereo output. Good for jamming, playing live, or recording DAWless I suppose. Also cool that they baked 3 power outlets into the mixer as well.

1 Like

It all tastes good to me. I’ll get the glasses.

5 Likes

The packages are nice for sure.
I probably would get them used though. There are quite a few floating around, racks as well, and I don’t need the extra stuff

1 Like

I made my own Moog studio bundle. Voyager + LFE . Two gundam models and a notebook. Done.

3 Likes

I’ve owned both and didn’t think they went together sonically. The SubH seemed to want to go the Tangerine-Dream path, while the DFAM wanted to go the NiN path. Other than them both being Moog, I don’t see the connection between the two. I enjoyed both but I’d want to combine each one with something different. Just my two cents. I expect disagreement :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just so it’s clear, Moog is offering two different MSS packages.
One has a Mother 32 and a DFAM. The other has a Subharmonicon and a DFAM.

1 Like

That sideways scrolling screen is unsettling

2 Likes