Moog Sirin

Seriously - great jam there. That combo looks like a lot of fun!

1 Like

No shit right? Like we kind of have it good with all the cheap options available to us.

Not my setup…sorry. :wink:

Well that makes it even cheaper!

I prefer cost efficient. :laughing:

1 Like

I dunno about the Sirin, but my DFAM and 0-coast don’t have power switches either. A bit annoying as I can’t really get to the power strip all that easily and don’t want to be plugging/unplugging them all the time, so I bought a couple of these inline power switches, which work quite well.

4 Likes

Great Tip, i try to find that in Germany at Conrad.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey gang
Just wondering if anybody’s seen some user preset forums or something for the Sirin?
Just curious.

Try contacting KnobTweak-owner@yahoogroups.com and ask for an invite to their forum.

I used to be in that group when I had a model D and voyager. It was usually dead, but I got responses for similar questions to yours.

Thanks will check!
And thanks to the admin for moving the post appropriately.

its 529€ atm at Thomann.
Did they really only produced 2500 of them?
How are people liking the Sirin?

I liked it. It is a Moog. Nothing less but also nothing more. Great for Bass and leads.
My complains…No on/off Switch. And many Features are only accessable via Key Combos or an Editor. And that the Moog Sound is very recognizable.

1 Like

a while ago i ordered a b-stock from thomann and was not impressed at all, sent it back after a few days…

i had never heard / played a moog in person and thought i would give it a try, but found the sound nothing special at all… but that is of course very subjective.

the case had sharp edges, the screws that hold the panel / case together were not straight and the overall feel was rather cheap to me, not premium or boutiqe…

the hidden / double controls are not printed on the panel, the preset system was not easy to use

it would be better with real knob per function, and no presets i think… they just watering down the concept of easy one knob function without hidden menus and stuff

all in all i was shocked how i not liked it

PSA if you’re in the states:

$200 OFF brings it to $400 today only.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Daily-Pick.gc

2 Likes

It’s a steal!

1 Like

i am assuming you have a Siren. I have a question for you. I bought two of them I play only live music in a live band. I want to be able to set the settings of both my Sirens the same way and just have them at those settings when I turn them on.

is there a way to do that? the functions i need most are note sink and velocity sensitivity set to maximum for volume and filter. when I do that on panel mode it is not that way after powering off and turning it back on.
@delta-c

sorry to bother you as this is a sort of a double post from a newbie but i want my siren to turn on with the exact same settings that I turned it off. is there a way to do this? there are certain functions that i need to have always present and never change but when i power off the synth and turn it on again the settings are changed.

i only need one setting forever and i will use that as my baseline and change those settings via the pot’s while playing live.

I sent the Sirin already back Last year. But i think this Cheat Sheet might come in handy for you: https://api.moogmusic.com/sites/default/files/2019-02/Sirin_Manual_2_1.pdf

thank you. it does not solve the problem that the synth does not turn on in the same preset that it turned off. its a real headache.

I don’t own a Sirin (or a Minitaur), but does it make any difference if you set those preferences via the software editor?

Cheers!