Moog Sirin

Try contacting KnobTweak-owner@yahoogroups.com and ask for an invite to their forum.

I used to be in that group when I had a model D and voyager. It was usually dead, but I got responses for similar questions to yours.

Thanks will check!
And thanks to the admin for moving the post appropriately.

its 529€ atm at Thomann.
Did they really only produced 2500 of them?
How are people liking the Sirin?

I liked it. It is a Moog. Nothing less but also nothing more. Great for Bass and leads.
My complains…No on/off Switch. And many Features are only accessable via Key Combos or an Editor. And that the Moog Sound is very recognizable.

1 Like

a while ago i ordered a b-stock from thomann and was not impressed at all, sent it back after a few days…

i had never heard / played a moog in person and thought i would give it a try, but found the sound nothing special at all… but that is of course very subjective.

the case had sharp edges, the screws that hold the panel / case together were not straight and the overall feel was rather cheap to me, not premium or boutiqe…

the hidden / double controls are not printed on the panel, the preset system was not easy to use

it would be better with real knob per function, and no presets i think… they just watering down the concept of easy one knob function without hidden menus and stuff

all in all i was shocked how i not liked it

PSA if you’re in the states:

$200 OFF brings it to $400 today only.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Daily-Pick.gc

2 Likes

It’s a steal!

1 Like

i am assuming you have a Siren. I have a question for you. I bought two of them I play only live music in a live band. I want to be able to set the settings of both my Sirens the same way and just have them at those settings when I turn them on.

is there a way to do that? the functions i need most are note sink and velocity sensitivity set to maximum for volume and filter. when I do that on panel mode it is not that way after powering off and turning it back on.
@delta-c

sorry to bother you as this is a sort of a double post from a newbie but i want my siren to turn on with the exact same settings that I turned it off. is there a way to do this? there are certain functions that i need to have always present and never change but when i power off the synth and turn it on again the settings are changed.

i only need one setting forever and i will use that as my baseline and change those settings via the pot’s while playing live.

I sent the Sirin already back Last year. But i think this Cheat Sheet might come in handy for you: https://api.moogmusic.com/sites/default/files/2019-02/Sirin_Manual_2_1.pdf

thank you. it does not solve the problem that the synth does not turn on in the same preset that it turned off. its a real headache.

I don’t own a Sirin (or a Minitaur), but does it make any difference if you set those preferences via the software editor?

Cheers!

I guess it Starts with preset 1. Change the settings and save it to Slot 1. Then it should load as Default Sound.
If Not, ask the Moog Support.

1 Like

@franklinstower I sold my Sirin long ago. Unfortunately, I do not know how to do the specific thing you are after. I would contact Moog support, they usually respond very quickly and are quite helpful. They provide live chat support on their website as well. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

1 Like

thanks for the help everyone. cant get it to work so i will contact moog support. thanks again.

What do you mean? If you hold Glide + Release for 1 second, it will save your sound as a preset. If you change the settings of the sound, you will have to save it again if you like it better than the previous one.

Which controller (keyboard) are you using to play your Sirin?

bear with me here.

i turn on the synth. it is set to something, i have no idea what but it plays notes. i then tweek it via the editor specifically concerning velocity sensitivity of attenuator and filter and note synch which is my need for playing bass. then i save it and turn of the synth. when i turn it back on again it is NOT where i set it.

each time i power off and on again i loose velocity sensitivity.

The thing is if you are on Preset 000, it is the Panel Settings and it doesn’t Save the Preset (it is a mirror of the Sirin Panel). So make sure you select another Preset (let say 001 by double-clicking on it in the Editor). Now if you save the Preset, it will save all your Settings including Filter Vel Sens.

That’s why I was asking you which controller are you using with your Sirin? Can you change the Presets with your controller?

2 Likes

this is hugely helpful!! thank you. i can do this. i wont need to use my controller as I will only ever use one present my whole life anyway. i just play bass in a band and those settings are the baseline, no pun intended. i can use the POT’s to make changes from there.

i am using a Linnstrument BTW as my midi controller. but setting that up to change the presents sounds like a haste way too complicated for a guy like me seeing as how I will only ever use one.

By default, I think the Sirin load up with Preset 000. So if you use Preset 001 and know how to navigate your Presets on the Sirin itself (use the Cheat Sheet), you will only have to press Glide + Oscillator 1 Wave once. Do some tests and give me some feedback.

1 Like