Moog Mother 32

Do it! :sweat_smile:

I have to wait, finishing our new home is a financial drain at the moment, but … good times! Little 1st world issues we have :wink:

1 Like

Moog M32 + Meris Mercury 7 = :night_with_stars:

The video that sold me the Mother-32 was:

(it actually also sold me the two pedals).

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the sequencers operate differently between the Granny and the Mother? Ie. On the Granny you can store 3 sequences but can only play them back one at a time(i think its a shame you cant). But can the sequencer on the Mother playback multiple sequences.

hi everoby,

i have a question about three moog mother 32 build in a rack.
If you have 3 moogmother, you have 3 analog mono outputs or just one outputs, a kind of main outputs in the last moog mother?

I have my analog rhythm and an octatrack and i would to know if it’s possible to connect 3 mother moog and my rythm.

Thanks in advance.

use a mixer

2 Likes

You could chain them and only have the one output, that would be interesting, but limit your EQ possibilities.
But yea, have each one going to a separate mixer track.

But to be honest, why stop at three?

3 Likes

to be honest, my wife is really scared about 3 new mothers at home !

3 Likes

For a pocket sizer, colo(u)red:
https://www.bastl-instruments.com/instruments/dude/

2 Likes

totally depends on how you plan on using them : I have a pair of M-32s but I generally have them configured as a ‘traditional’ 2 Osc mono synth… so the VCA output from one is patched into the EXT source input of the other. Naturally the overall sound is therefore shaped by the final VCF settings of the ‘master’ Mother, but you get very interesting results as you’ve got two filters in series…also whilst
often I have both Mothers playing the same sequence / part ( just like a standard 2 osc mono ) I can of course have two different sequences playing…

I think if I had 3 mothers I’d probably have two configured as above & maybe the 3rd a separate synth & use a mixer as suggested. I have a DFAM, rather than a 3rd Mother, & this is how I do it mainly - Mothers as - effectively - a 2 Osc monosynth & DFAM as a separate entity… though of course all the patching between the 3 yields to all sorts of possibilities… : )

3 Likes

thank you.

what do you think about effects?
external effects like strymon time line or big sky and then send the audio in my daw, it’s more analogic but more expensive and is it really usefull??
For the second solution, effect come only from my daw, it’s really less expensive and not the same depth.

1 Like

well FX is really up to you - the Moogs really do shine & come to life with some quality fx. I use both really : as I take my Mothers out on the road to play I do have a few pedals on the end of the Mothers chain ; usually a Minifoooger Chorus > Strymon TimeLine > reverb ( SPACE or Lexicon ) … but I also love some of the plug-ins I have : e.g Valhalla Vintage reverb is amazing, Soundtoys Echoboy & Little Plate are both awesome on anything really.

1 Like

I also use exatly these three. Don’t worry about depth, these plugins sound amazing

1 Like

cool,
I sold mine last week :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

IGNORE MIDI CLOCK START/STOP YEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

Thank god I hadn’t sold mine yet. :joy:

4 Likes

Just got my mother 32. The sound is beautiful. This is my first analogue synth that doesn’t have digital controlled tuning and I’ve already discovered the joys of knocking the oscillator frequency knob…

2 Likes

Have fun. It really sounds gorgeous

1 Like

Gentlemen, how is Subsequent 25 (or 37) similar to Mother-32 in terms of sound?

I fell in love with its sounds, but since I’m not going modular (I have DT, DN, AH, Novation Peak), I’m looking for something sounding very similar, but fitting my setup better.

I mean, I want exactly the same sound capabilities, but don’t want to regret having 1 LFO and something intended for modular setup. Looked at Dark Energy, Dreadbox, Sirin, Model D. But Youtube doesn’t have them doing what Mother-32 does (i.e. in the videos below).

I’m particularly talking about these types of sounds, will I be able to achieve this with Subsequent:

1 Like

Hi !
I want to buy a M32 and sequence it with my Digitone, and dont use the m32 sequencer but i read that we can’t use the m32 as a expender (and clock sync to send it by cv to dfam).
I read what when you press start the m32 always play a note on step… without any trig.
Its right ? No way to only send note and clock without start the sequencer and this note ?

EDIT : i just read that since the V2 its possible to not use the sequencer… can confirm ? Thanks :slight_smile:

yes they added the option to decouple the sequencer in a recent update

2 Likes