Moog Mavis

cool! hope the price is right.

AKA dirt cheap

I would buy a Erica Pico 3 over this anyday

4 Likes

Why?

Leave these things for Moogfest or something. Itā€™s probably gonna be priced too high as well.
Continue with proper eurorack modules like the M32, DFAM, Subharmonicon. (which are already on the pricey side for what they offer)

Who does Moog need to make dirt cheap synths for again? Is there not enough behringer synths to meet demand?

Personally I donā€™t mind another 1 oscillator monosynth as long as it sounds nice and itā€™s fun to make music with.

Alone probably is not a dream synth, but itā€™s euro-rackable and together with moog eurorack family multiplies the creative possibilities that the single synths can do.

2 Likes

Has Moog lost focus as a company?

6 Likes

Is it possible it could switch levels based on mono vs stereo connections? So you get a standard level stereo out or a Euro-level mono?

It looks more interesting as a Mother/DFAM/SubH expander than as a standalone, but there are some nice features like the morphing LFO and the EG/LFO mixers (assuming they do mix, rather than being either/or pots). Hopefully it brings in some business around the Crave price point, but personally Iā€™d rather see a full-on dedicated utility device, an equivalent to the CP-251 for the Mother range.

1 Like

Itā€™s possible to do, but I suppose is not possible to use that connector plug and play, changing from euro cable to headphones while audio is coming outā€¦unless they implemented a fade in circuit that start from 0v when you plug in a new connector

If it is indeed a rackable device, I wonder if thereā€™s perhaps a jumper on the back that could toggle between line and euro levels. That just seems like trouble though if you jumper it to euro levels and dumb dumb by plugging in headphones.

Yeah, so you can set it next to something with patch points on the right!

Here it is:

And also available at Thomann:

3 Likes

The lack of knobs isā€¦ very sad to see here. Happy for anyone who makes their way into the semi-modular world with this, though! Great entry level price.

1 Like

Peter Kirnā€™s take:

1 Like

Do I need to be able to solder to build this ?

Moog website says not

1 Like

@MOOG: DIY = snap together

1 Like

Why do Moog influencers bob there head at the same BPM. Just a small observation.

Nope. Just put together some screws

1 Like

Looking from the photos these pots are not only without caps but seem also extremely short.
400,- and I have to put it together myself, in a case thatā€™s useless for anything else? Why?

Edit: I was looking at the wrong photos, some have the frontpannel still loose on top.