Moog Mavis

I think the “M” is silent.

6 Likes

I agree. They are starting to look all the same in this overloaded field.

Not even the Subharmonicon or the DFAM?

Or maybe it’s like a Billy Crystal “marvelous”.

2 Likes

It can fit along with a mother 32 format synth inside the 104 Moog eurorack case…that’s why patchbay on left (googling you can see the eurorack supply connector on the right side of the cuircuitboard).
However the pot that should always be ‘knobbed’ is the pitch (and filter and filter amount possibly)…i really don’t understand why is not clear to moog
…however I feel it like a completion of what is missing on the moog eurorack family (finally a complete ADSR another multi, a +5 -5 bias…would be nice to have a +2.5 bias in the next module, so I can use with Minitaur / Sirin cv inputs :grin:)
Dreaming the next 44hp module I would say, a MIDI to mutiple CV converter, 2 cv quantizers (especially for a better control of DFAM pot steps), a loopable HADSR, a phase resetting VCO, an envelope follower, a polarity inverter and a nice coffee, thanks! :grin:…I was forgetting the wave shaper

1 Like

it does have a fold circuit.

It’s pronounced ‘Moa-vis’

2 Likes

Looks boring, don’t see anything interesting and I hate that there’s no nice knobs. Assuming off the werkstatt feel that it’s a cheaper offering potentially.

A post on gearspace implies it’s a diy kit.

1 Like

Ah yea I meant as the main controls, cutoff etc., but I added trimmer toppers to my dfam and subharmonicon so I guess that says a lot haha

1 Like

Project: Union Buster GO

2 Likes

Moo avis

1 Like

They’re saying “Boo-urns”

3 Likes

union built: these people buy and those people boycott
nonunion built: these people boycott and those people buy

Is it the size of Volca?

Mavis and Maude. My two favourite aunties.

I reckon this is named after Mavis Cruet, the fairy from 1980s English kids’s TV show Willo the Wisp. Another main character in the show is called The Moog.

The Moog:

Mavis:

12 Likes

This looks a bit uninspiring but it has some interesting additions to the sound studio set up if you were tempted to take a dip into euro, the S+H, wavefolder, +5 -5v attenuation, patch points on the left, and ADSR as has already been mentioned all add up to it being a good buddy for the moog semi mods

Fairly positive it’s eurorack compatible, which is a tiny bit bigger than Volca I think?

1 Like