Moog Matriarch

:joy: Enjoy! Whenever you decide to do it :wink:

1 Like

Recently got one and Iā€™m happy to say itā€™s really managed to live up to my expectations (which I thought were too high). Almost too easy getting great and interesting sounds off it.

Anyway, I find the arp a bit confusing as it only uses one of the VCOs if itā€™s not set to four voice unison? The manual seemed to hint at it being possible using all four in parallel but I didnā€™t find how to do it. Any ideas?

1 Like

Check all the volumes are up, then check the manual on page 68 - Global Parameters Group 4. The behaviour can be changed to how ever you prefer. Round Robin mode is also particular nice when using the ARP.

3 Likes

The Matriarch Global Settings editor: Moog Matriarch Global Settings Editor

4 Likes

Nice little web based editor? Thatā€™s handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am super happy with my matriarch. Nice to play with, Amazing sounds, and 0 menu diving, Nothing to store or to prepare, just play.

But: what to add? Pulsar 23 might have similar feeling but i am not digging the sound

2 Likes

Add something like the Waldorf M. :wink:

2 Likes

B 2600 maybe?

1 Like

Congrats!

After enough time exploring your Matriarch, the answer of what to add to it might reveal itself to you.

Or you will discover a need that is missing from your current rig overall

Thought of it too
But i need beats, si dfam or pulsar?

After 1 Year with matriarch, i know i need much more time to master the matriarch
But my A4 feels so heavy to my brain, especially next to my matriarch.

1 Like

Oh sorry, didnā€™t realize it youā€™ve had yours for a year already.

I have a Roland TR-06 that I will eventually partner with my Matriarch, because itā€™s got the CV trigger outs.

Iā€™m not sure it will beat my M8 Tracker or Roland MC-101 as a primary beat provider though - ignoring the CV interfacing aspect (neither have it built in). Especially the M8 because in the short time Iā€™ve had it, itā€™s quickly proving to have a satisfyingly fast workflow for structuring an entire song together.

i would say, only got it one year now :wink:

Has anyone here had issues that involve not being able to change the incoming midi channel?

My unit was recently updated and is stuck on midi channel 1. I never tried to send midi notes before today, so am not sure if the update is the cause or not.

I had a problem once. I canā€™t remember the whole situation, but I was trying USB and had no luck, ran a midi cable instead to test and all worked well - then tried the usb again and it had fixed it self. I figured Iā€™d done something wrong, but your problem sounds very familiar. Iā€™d just updated too. Got to be worth a try?

Edit, I didnā€™t try to change channels, just couldnā€™t get it working at all - then tried midi cable and back to usb

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. So, I connected a USB cable and used the web app, mentioned previously, to change the incoming channel. That has worked, but I still donā€™t know why I couldnā€™t change it using the Global Settings, on the keyboard itself.

2 Likes

I tried entering stuff via the keyboard once. Never again lol. Web editor is so nice to use by comparison.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the OS is still a bit buggy. If we all write a polite request to Moog, they might change that.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I never managed to reach the support.

They now have a contact form on their website.

Precisely. Never ever got an answer.