Moog Matriarch

I got bad news for you - or at least, your finances.

There are artists like Lisa Bella Donna who use both. Her comparison video (multiple Moogs not just 2):

One of her performance videos with both:

3 Likes

FIFY.

1 Like

Do not edit my post like that please.

I try to avoid making statements that might have even the slightest perception as an attack on an artist.

If you want to attack an artist do it under your own handle please

2 Likes

chill dude. I repaired it seconds after your first objection to it. and Iā€™m not attacking or disrespecting her at all. fact is itā€™s a different answer entirely to the question of ā€œshould I own both these synths?ā€ when the price is very different. so citing an artist that gets paid to use both isnā€™t exactly helping the person asking the question. same as ā€œshould I own $200k in synthesizers?ā€ should yield a totally different answer if itā€™s me or if itā€™s Trent Reznor asking the question.

I donā€™t have a high tolerance for made up ā€œGovernorSilver said X about Yā€ so just donā€™t do it.

Period.

Doesnā€™t she get paid to use and promote Moog stuff though?

I donā€™t care.

Do not quote my posts and edit them to make them look like I said something that I did not. bottom line.

I didnā€™t edit your post

Please, letā€™s chill a bit. Weā€™re talking about Moog Matriarch. There is absolutely no need to get angry. Not anymore.
Go get some angry sound and come back appeased.

9 Likes

I know you didnā€™t.

Letā€™s just get back on topic please.

@GovernorSilver I appreciate the link to the Matriarch and Grandmother being used together. :+1:

@chiasticon I do appreciate your point, itā€™s a Moog endorsed artist making a Moog video, despite your editing faux pa. :+1:

Back to the pointā€¦ I really like the form factor of the Grandmother, and knowing it has a lot of the Matriarch sound/tonality makes it appealing.

But, in reality, I already have a Sub 37 along with my Matriarch that is probably a much better combo for meā€¦ so itā€™s GAS.

1 Like

Daniel Fisher also has a Matriarch and Grandmother comparison video. Itā€™s also good - I just thought Lisaā€™s video as a little more interesting because hers has 4 Moog synth models instead of just 2.

I went for the Matriarch because of the 4 oscillators, paraphony options, and generous number of patch points.

Loopop has a few Grandmother / Matriarch comparison videos too. Including patching tips to connect both.

2 Likes

I started with a DFAM and M32 (purchased together). (Well actually already had a sub37 - but thats something different). I got the matriarch a year later and it quickly became an all time favourite. If I had started with the matriarch I may not have considered the dfam/m32. For some reason I prefer the doepfer dark energy sound to the m32 even though it has less patching options. And as interesting as I find the dfam, I struggle sometimes to get away from the sound (amazing as it is) that it is best known for. But the matriarch is the gift that just keeps giving!

2 Likes

Thanks for answering me people ! I think Iā€™m going towards the Matriarch. Iā€™m thinking to pair it with my octatrack MKII. Would they make a good combo as a complete system ?

2 Likes

Who all has taken the plastic off of their Matriarch Display(s)?

3 Likes

Hahaha. Thereā€™s so many of the damn things. Iā€™m amazed Iā€™ve resisted so far. Bet it was quite satisfying!!

1 Like

I only do it on ones when I can notice the plastic. I made a ā€œhuuuUuā€¦ahhhhā€ kind of sound. Itā€™s a keeper anyway!

3 Likes

HahHahaha. I think Iā€™m there with the Matriarch now too. I canā€™t wait :rofl:

1 Like

Each knob without plastic drops the price by $100.

But yeah, who would sell one of these beauties?

2 Likes