Moog Grandmother

Awesome

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together, this is one of the better sounding monosynths I’ve heard in a while. Just classic. That FM is awesome. Now I’m curious how if it can do acid patches…

Bass stuff and FM sound really good

Yeah from what I’ve heard this is the best sounding mono released lately for sure

this synth sounds great. sure hope they have another batch avaiable by the end of the year.
personally, i hope they keep the color scheme as well.

Really enjoyed this… and that FM sounds marvelous.

hey, thanks for all your demos, i have i question if you can take a bit time to answer, what is the (significant) difference in cv ins and outs between granny and ms 20 ?

Is the case metal or plastic? Sorry if it’s been answered already. :slight_smile:

metal and plastic checks

2 Likes

cheers! :thup:

1 Like

Grandmother uses to the more standard 1v/Octave pitch scale.
MS-20 uses Hz/V.
Also the gate is reversed on the MS-20.

I sequenced them here with the Cirklon which can luckily adapt to both.

2 Likes

Anyone found out the UK price yet? And when/if it’ll be available?

I’m in love with this thing.

Thomann has preorders up at £873. They’re usually pretty close to the mark but hoping someone can get down to £799 or below.

It really does look like a hell of a lot of fun will be had with this Moog.

1 Like

I’m slowly bat gradually coming to peace with the fact that my Grandma needs me. I love her skin tone and the warmest voice of all. What an instrument😍

1 Like

This will be boring to most but for the odd ones left here is a video of how Moog builds the Granny M.

There are some good sounds like for instance the bass through the spring toward the beginning.

3 Likes

I wonder if I can con my wife into letting my buy it as decor for my 1yo daughter’s bedroom. It’s like a Fischer Price “My First Modular Rig.” Gotta started early.

What, hon? How much?? No… no that must be a typo. I swear it said $99 on the website. I’d never pay that much for a toy.

2 Likes

Fisher Price I Can Ply Keyboard

Maybe Moog was copying this?

You just need to add some color stickers to the Granny M’s keys.

(Fisher Price I Can Play Keyboard)

5 Likes

I hear Rooney is keen to get his hands on one.

1 Like

Bahahaha!

Man, circuit bend that thing to stick a bunch of patchpoints on it, and you’ve got a winner.

2 Likes

Y’know a real Moog synth for kids would be fun! Let’s say under $300, lots of bright colors, simple keyboard, ten knobs and patch points – and called the Moog Daughter. A step up from the Werkstatt.

Oh and color stickers on the keys.

1 Like