Moog Grandmother

I’d buy a moog daughter for my daughter

1 Like

No. I can’t imagine a Moog poly being even close to this things price. The looks have grown on me, sounds beautiful. If I hadn’t picked up a Slim a month or so ago I’d be thinking about pulling the trigger.

If you want a polyphonic moog, you should have a look at “the River” : it is a 8 voice polyphonic synth, each voice being inspired by the moog source. Truly an awesome synth :

(I have only found a link in french :/)

3 Likes

Just wanted to see this thing…
http://greatsynthesizers.com/en/general-en/2017/11/baloran-the-river-the-new-analog-mega-synth/
Found this about it in English - not terrible at about 5k usd (4200 euros) and gosh that has a lot of stuff going on (one lfo per voice!). Design is not ugly but not overall very cool looking - I bet it sounds wild!

You have audio example here :

It is definitively expensive, but it is really an handcraft synth, which required several years of development by a single man. It also includes the “triko” which an analogue triple-chorus which has a really warm sound. It is not for everyone, but for those who want a polyphonic moog sounding synth, it is a dream come true synth.

Hmm.
Any idea when Grandmother will be available in Europe?
Can’t seem to find one anywhere in the world.

At Thomann 999€

They don’t seem to have it there last i checked.

Damn! I want one so bad! But i have no room for it. If it only had the size of a Microbrute…

yeah, and now the site says they are not selling them at all …

You’re going to want to add some bass traps if you want to accurately monitor in there.

Just kidding buddy, fingers crossed you are set up in a sweet crib soon and until then enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

1 Like

Ageed. It reminds me of a Frankenstein partscaster pawnshop guitar from the 1970s that evolved over the years as it was bought and sold. In a good way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow

Sounds good, but that’s multitracked and with external effects…

1 Like

Yeah, 500 only, so far…
And sold out.
If they put one out for mass, might grab one

Sold Out…phew…than i can get this:

http://www.tascam.com/news/display/12680/

1 Like

Sounds magnificent, no but :wink:

all the demos this guy does are great more or less , there is this track with resonating filter producing overtones ti is incredibly beautiful…

I know that my actual Gear can produce similar…

I don’t have a synth that sound so raw and has fm capable osc and patching points, so i guess i would have to think really hard how to produce fm sounds with synths that are not capable of doing fm etc.
This what Sean says about the patch:

"This is kind of a complicated patch. The S/H can get some cool noise sounds when clocked at audio rates, but you need to use a fair number of patch cords to get the most out of it:

• KB OUT goes into the MODULATION RATE IN
  • MODULATION WAVE OUT goes into the NOISE IN of the mixer.
  • Turn the MODULATION RATE up to a useful frequency / chord interval.
  • MODULATION S/H OUT goes to the ATTENUATOR INPUT
  • ATTENUATOR OUT goes to the HIGH PASS INPUT
  • HIGH PASS OUTPUT goes to the left side of the MULT
  • Take two patch cords from the right side of the MULT, and put them in the PITCH IN of VCO1 and VCO2

By adjusting the ATTENUATOR level, and the HIGH PASS cutoff, you get some really cool noise modulated VCO sounds. I tend to adjust the amount of modulation via the HIGH PASS cutoff. Higher cutoffs result in a subtle noise modulation, while lower cutoffs turn the VCO into more of a pitched noise signal.

There are three tracks in there. The main track is a 3 note chord, where VCO 1/2 are modulated by noise (the MODULATION oscillator is providing the 5th of the chord). The other two tracks are holding down higher drone notes, where you can really hear the noise FM."

Sounds like your gear has developed some kind of AI