This stuff, to be specific (copied from elsewhere):

· Oscillators based on Moog Minimoog
· Mixer based on Moog CP3
· Filter based on Moog 904
· Envelope Generator Based on Moog 911
· VCA Based on Moog 902
· Spring Reverb based on Moog 905

2 Likes

Thomann has set the 999eur price for grandmother.

1 Like

Just ordered one today. To be delivered end of july.

from thomann ? is this going to be standard version or moog fest version ? :+1:

Why would it be moogfest version if it’s bought from Thomann?

Doesn’t matter for me.

1 Like

i dont know lemons

just thought the colors would be different on notmoogfest version :crazy_face::clown_face:

There are some nice (and simple) features provided with the grandmother - like a storable sequencer, the reverb, the high pass filter, etc.

I’ll try it out and hope that it fits into my setup (OB6, Zarenbourg, Prophet REV2…)

2 Likes

It will be the Kraftwerk edition. All black.

2 Likes

of course, sorry was just excited for someone buying this thing in Europe (you) :smiley:

I have to wait, so until than must live other peoples life haha

hope not :hushed:

There will also be an all-red Kraftwerk edition, with the sequencer preloaded with “The Robots”

2 Likes

I’m not really up on Kraftwerk history, other than knowing that they relied heavily on the ARP Odyssey at one point. I was trying to help my friend reproduce one of their Odyssey sounds using IOS synths - unfortunately this was before iOdyssey was released

1 Like

This should be made. I would buy it just to look at it and not use it.

1 Like

Guilty on 5 counts of owning synths and drum machines. Guilty of using VSTs and sample packs instead

2 Likes

I have a whole load of VSTs and use them infrequently, but do stuff with hardware devices most days.

On a side note (or more correctly, back on topic-ish), I do hope someone wires up the Moog Grandmother with one of these: http://www.bastl-instruments.com/modular/grandpa/

3 Likes

Granny on Sonic Talk

Skip ahead to 9:55. Nothing too much new – they’re all thumbs up on it, except Mark Tinley – who wants synthesis in 3D – which sounds fun all itself.

2 Likes

Sold out at the local Guitar Center. No longer available to order at Musicians Friend.

So I’m back to waiting to see which comes out first, this Granny (in the next batch) or the Medusa.

1 Like

What i here Granny is back in stock pretty soon – no reason to believe the Medusa to be delayed, but it’s scheduled later. Good to see an American product in demand. Get the factory going.