Moog DFAM

For those who wants the product reference: Elektron CK-1 Audio / CV Split Kit - Andertons Music Co.

Y splitter cable works too.

Mylar melodies has been at it again. I kind of want a Dfam again. I might have to try and sell something.

6 Likes

Even when you have only a few minutes to play with gear, DFAM is at your service to fill a lil void. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

No you dont. Dont listen to him. Its just a very long advert. Dont forget his job is selling synths for source distribution (or was, he might have quit) anyway, DFAMs are so 2020ā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, but itā€™s a very good advert and Iā€™m feeling a bit vulnerable with my christmas hangover.
The urge might pass!
Luckily I have no spare cash at the moment as there is a mint one on Gumtree about 20 miles awayā€¦

Sucked in!

Why did you sell the last one?

I sold mine earlier this year. Dont miss it at all.

1 Like

Never had one, but have been close on several occasions.
To be honest, there are many things that would be far more useful in my setup but the sound of the DFAM does pull me in from time to time. I might just have to get it out of my system.

1 Like

Nah, donā€™t need a DFAM. But a nice to have. But that goes for most/all gear.

Yes, all sales folks have a few YT channels in this day and age.

Ruismaker Noir is a great substitute if you donā€™t mind software.

5 Likes

and it has a random button :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey, cheers I just tried it, really nice app.
Great for banging out a bit of noise when youā€™ve only got half an hour to play with as @TobySD said.
I donā€™t really gel will using a touchscreen for music but it is kind of fun and may have scratched a bit of an itch.
A DFAM may still be incoming eventually though.

two actuallyā€¦ one for the sound params, another for the sequence. And yes, I abuse the two :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

1: Cant reproduce.
2: Cant reproduce.
3: Yes, I can reproduce this, but only if I have the volume near 10 and all voices near 0, and vcf in LP. But for practical use I have never noticed it before reading your post and trying it myself.

1 Like

Noob question here. Iā€™m considering picking up a DFAM, but I want to make sure I know how to sync it with my dawless setup. Some of my gear has CV clock out. For example, if Iā€™m syncing a DB-01 via MIDI with my Digitakt, can I sync the DFAM by connecting the DB-01ā€™s CV clock out to the DFAMā€™s clock in?

Edit: I only want to sync clock. I donā€™t want to sequence it or anything, Just start and stop.

Thanks!

you have to start the dfam via button press. connected via cv each trigger will then step forward the sequencer one step each cv.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean. If I have gate out, cv out, and clock out on my DB-01 (the synth through which Iā€™d like to sync my Digitakt with the DFAM), can someone tell me explicitly if and how I could sync clock and transport control to the DFAM? Pretend you are explaining it to a child.

Thanks!

1 Like

DB01 clock out to DFAM clock Adv in.
Start the DFAM sequencer (nothing will happen)

Press play on the DB01. Both machines now play in sync.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Microtribe, you rock!

1 Like

You should understand there is no transport sync though (ie. the sequencers donā€™t automatically line up). Patching the clock out to advance step means that when the DFAM sequencer is set to run, when a clock pulse is received the sequencer will advance 1 step. To have the DFAM and the db-01 in sync, you must manually put the DFAM at the correct position of the sequencer before you hit play on the DB-01. If you stop the DB-01 at step 4 for example, when you then hit play again the DB-01 will restart at step 1 but the DFAM will continue from wherever it was stopped unless you manually shift it to the correct position. I hope that makes sense.

1 Like