Monomachine reissue petition

I just forwarded the petition on to Behringer. I expect we’ll see the Bonomachine announcement in a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Didn’t Apple already try that?

6 Likes

I signed it (of course) but this will never ever happen. The Elektron that created the Monomachine and Machinedrum is not the Elektron that exists today. As I’m sure all of us diehard Elektron fans would grab a Monomachine rerelease day one and tons of other people who never owned one and always wanted one but don’t want to pay current prices would snatch one up immediately as well but those numbers compared to the number of people that would/do buy something like the Digitakt or even something like the Modal line I would assume would be an astronomical difference and I feel like the current Elektron wants to get into something like the Native instruments territory as opposed to being in the high end boutique territory they occupied before. For that reason alone I sincerely doubt this would ever happen. When they posted about the Monomachine and Machinedrum going out of production some years back I knew that was the end of an era and I seriously wished I could have afforded to buy another MDUW and MnM while I could have bought new stock. Oh well. All good things come to an end, Roland hasn’t made a legit 808 or 909 in like 40 years but it hasn’t stopped them from being highly saught after.

More than reissues of the MDUW and and MNM and keeping the OT in production I would love to see Elektron come out of left field with a brand new product, something that makes waves like they originally did. Even rethinking the MD and MnM would be monumental, spiritual successors, im talking a new digital multi-synthesis engine drum machine/sampler and new digital multi-synthesis engine synthesizer with the modern Elektron sequencers plus whatever other new features that’s standard. That would be something my bank account would fear for sure. Also I don’t understand why they haven’t done a straight up mixer, something with at least 8 pairs of inputs but that utilizes the Elektron sequencer and has a bunch of high quality effects and maybe even the ability to record, not sample like the OT but record and multitrack, A performance mixer. THAT would be a huge deal.

3 Likes

can you link to that machinedrum thread? thanks!

I think it would be easier to change the market prices than get a reissue from E : )

I still don’t get this situation with prices… I believe it’s an effect of too much ppl in music production, and most are doing this just for fun… which isn’t bad at all by itself, but leads to some complications like raising costs of “collectable” gear and minimizing costs of gigs / music since there are lots of that stuff and ppl who can do it almost for free… back in the days nobody wanted 10 years old crap then you can get new more reliable gear with better features…

It’s just that it isn’t old crap but a unique machine that offers tons of cool functions and sounds not found anywhere else (computers aside of course). Other than that I would agree with the points you made.

1 Like

hihi… I know : ) but stll…

1 Like

Okay :slight_smile:

Software’s worse. OS’s leave apps dead in their wake faster than capacitors and transistors dying.

2 Likes

don’t worry, our grandkids will have quantum based virtual emulation, any year, any platform, any version.

2 Likes

Signed too and encouraged my friends, but also agree with your points.

also “Be realistic, demand the impossible”

2 Likes

Agreed

That’s one of my biggest hang ups about software. Obviously lack of interface is a major one but the fact that it becomes obsolete so quickly never sat well with me either

1 Like