Modular Patch Cable lengths?

I’m looking in to patch cables for some of my gear I have ordered but looking for info from current users.
So far I have purchased 4 Behringer synths 3 of them will be situated in the Behringer 3 tier stand i.e

• Neutron
  • K-2
  • Pro-1

I’m just thinking of what length cables I should buy for those that’ll be in the rack but also what size you’d buy for the 2600 Grey Meanie etc?
I’m new to this patching thing and I will also be wanting to make use of my AKAI MPCX CV and Keystep Pro CV

Any advice welcome especially on the 3 tier Behringer rack I’m just waiting for delivery from Juno.

What lengths should I get mainly?

Thanks

Rob

I use mostly 30cm, 50cm, then some 80cm, 150cm, and a few 3m. I guess it depends on how far away the gear is. Always buy more than you think you need, on ebay there are a few sellers who do packs for quite good pricing, recommend coloured cables too.

2 Likes

Definite on everything darenager says.

Too long still works. Too short doesn’t. That said cable close to the right lengths, in distinguishable colors is the ideal.

1 Like

Yeah that’s my problem Darren mate I’m not sure where I’m placing the MPCX and the Keystep Pro yet however I’m mainly thinking about that 3 Tier Behringer rack Iv’e ordered say if the Neutron was on top and I wanted to patch something from the bottom tier to that. Hmm… the ones that came with K-2 look about 6 inches thee’s only 2 in the box so deffo needing to invest in some cables.

PS

I have been looking at some of these cables and some are as they describe (STACKABLE) interesting

When you are ready to order, this guy has really nice braided (and non-braided) cables. Just placed another order today. I’ve bought a lot from him over the last few months. I’m in Canada and he’s in the Netherlands. Things get here pretty quickly.

1 Like

I can do you a good deal on eurorack cables, Istill have about 50 im selling, all different sizes, I sold 30 to @Fin25 last week, hardly used

2 Likes

You in the UK?

Great link thank you mate… I think I’ll be needing plenty cables in future

Yeah, live in Midlands so can post no problems

1 Like

PM me some prices and lengths mate I’m up north

Thanks

Will sort some pictures out in morning,can do 40 posted for £35 which is a bargain, only selling as i have about another 200 I own😆

1 Like

Ok mate just take your time but send paypal address and I’ll send funds friends and family, I’ll take the 40.

Rob

2 Likes

Nice one, will pm you

1 Like

And he’s off ! Have fun rob_lee.

4 Likes

Sorted Jukka thanks mate :grinning:

1 Like

“I love it when a plan comes together” :laughing:

4 Likes

Having each cable length one colour helps in grabbing the right size one quickly. Some people code them by signal type too, to help keep track of what’s going on in the patch.

2 Likes

I love this forum mate plenty help and great advice

2 Likes

Or a cable hanger and some care stowing them there by length.

1 Like