Modular Patch Cable lengths?

Rob, just thought I’d mention that some of the shorter cables I’ve acquired when I’ve bought other semi modular gear aren’t even long enough to use on the 2600! They’re ideal for a patchbay on a synth but the B 2600 is a fairish sized beast.

I know it’s obvious but it nearly had me over… just as well I’d picked up a set of longer leads (prob 500mm ones, I’m not in front of my gear at the mo) because when I ordered the 2600 I thought “oh yeah, I’ve got patch leads” :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Lengths depend on where I place the MPCX and KS Pro Bunker Iv’e just bought 40 so I should be good for a few different lengths.
I’m getting all B’d up haha never had so many Behringer gear in my life and I want at last 5 more

1 Like

Wall of Behringer. I wonder how many square feet of space all the B stuff (one of each) would cover counting all the Eurorack candy they make. (And what the total bill might be?)

I was meaning within the 2600 itself. Because the sockets are spread all over the panel those short (150mm?) cables don’t cut it

For instance they’re only just long enough to get from the LFO outs to the mult in. Deffo not long enough to get from the mult to, say VCO1 PWM input.

You’ll be golden with longer leads tho :+1:

1 Like

Well the bill isn’t that much these things (Pro-1) etc cost less than a good soft synth Jukka. I am definitely having the POLY-D and Monopoly for the new Jasper stand haha.
My intentions are to multi sample most of this gear to the Akai MPCX and build my library up. The main man is the Hydrasynth desktop tho. :+1:

1 Like

Ah gotcha mate.

1 Like

Plenty of second hand B stuff kicking around too like the K2, Neutron etc on evilbay.

Hydrasynth with modular is :star_struck:

3 Likes

I just bought both of them this week mate new and cheap from Andertons haven’t even touched them yet I’m at least 1 month away from finishing room about 5m x 3m but it’s all mine haha one of the daughters fucked off to uni so I claimed the room :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Got one of those too it’s the main man in the setup with Digitone Keys

Yeah I saw you have already secured the beast!
The HS is a modular in disguise, if it had another 20-40 (:hot_face:) euro ins/outs I would probably die happy.

3 Likes

The Behringer Semi-Modulars are often limited on their MIDI ins, but a MIDI to CV thing of some sort, can improve that.

The Hydrasynth, has the CV in and out, but only so many. With the MIDI to CV you can add to that, the HS Mod-Matrix, allows MIDI CC outputs, controlled on the front panel if you want, set up per patch.

2 Likes

My aim for 2021 is to finally get this lot setup and do my live stuff for the website and YouTube as well as get some sound design done. I’m happy with the setup so far still gotta get rid of some gear.

1 Like

I’m just trying to see how many CV gear I have here Jukka I know I have 8 on the MPCX and a few on the KS Pro, there’s a CV I can see on the Bass Station rack as well. I’ll just have to figure what’s going where when I start setting out the gear after I do this room.

1 Like

I look forward to possibly poaching your leftovers in the fs thread then :yum:
Get the 1010 Blackbox and it will auto sample all your gear :wink:

2 Likes

Buy a befaco vcmc, its the best thing ever for cv to midi, i use it on my waldorf iridium and asm hydrasynth, its great

2 Likes

I have too much gear mate haha I am getting rid of a lot of stuff but I have worked with MPC’s for over 20yrs and the sampler on the X is the boy for me. I can auto sample with it and it does what I want no messing about.
That 1010 Blackbox does look interesting tho. I just wanna get some live stuff done and build up a few sets with my gear. Next on my list is what software for live streams etc or just use my GoPro :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t have the Waldorf I never asked them for one to do sound design I did testing etc with Quantum tho, love Waldorf gear Iv’e tested and sound designed for them since 2008.

1 Like

Ah! I must admit I’m not familiar with the modern MPCs, long time since I had my 2000xl (:worried:) but yeah the big bad X seems to have you covered!
(Desperately trying not to check prices🥴)

1 Like

I love the waldorf, been lucky as there known for the odd problem, anyway the befaco is great with any midi item

1 Like