Modest OT feature requests

Do you mean Trig modes?

If you mean the trig mode should retain at what it actually is when switching to other tracks configured with a different trig mode than this doesnā€™t make any sense.

Since OS 1.40 the trig modes have become an essential part of the configuration. They determine how a track response to incoming MIDI notes.

Yep but Trig modes settings (FOLLOW TM and MAP / TRACK) are not stored with the project or parts. :wink:

2 Likes

instant pattern jump, you select a new pattern and it instantly switches, picking up in the same sequencer position. then a pattern mode, just like mute mode, but 16 patterns available at once to mash up with you fingers. then a record mode of arranger to capture pattern mash ups live

3 Likes

Just to clarify - you mean like analog rytm ā€œdirect jumpā€?

1 Like

I guess so, if sequencer is on step 6 and you hit new pattern, new pattern starts on sequencer step 7 and just picks up in the middle of the pattern, sequencer just keeps running instead of starting over at step 1 for new pattern selection

I do!

1 Like

@HoojerBob so yes this is annoying if you use MAP/TRACK and need to set Trig modes per track again.

Ideally, it should be saved in partsā€¦

How have you to deciphered that he means switching between parts or projects when he clearly wrote ā€œswitching between tracksā€? :roll_eyes:

Trig modes? Because I already had the same idea in mind!

Btw Iā€™m not sure what @HoojerBob really want.
I want to keep Trig modes settings (in FOLLOW TM or MAP/TRACK mode) after power cycle, and ideally store that settings per part.

2 Likes

GrĆ¼ĆŸe everyone. What I had in mind was a setting for each track to retain their respective trig mode at any given moment. The mode would be saved in the respective part (and would change across parts, accordingly) and also be retained after power cycle as @sezare56 suggested. Of course, you could change it on the fly and then reload part to revert. When Iā€™m switching between tracks, Iā€™m also constantly changing trig modes, which I consider to be one of the more annoying settings to change as youā€™re stabbing that up or down button quite a few times. This is a ā€œperformance samplerā€ and the trig modes are key to that, so Iā€™m very surprised this hasnā€™t been implemented. Or am I missing something massive - thatā€™s always possible.

3 Likes

MAP / TRACK mode allows a per track setting. MIDI + up/down arrowsā€¦
I was about to mentioned it after your first request concerning Trig modesā€¦

Sorry but it appears thatā€™s not quite it. I set to Map/Track then define a trig mode for an individual track and then a different one for the next track, and when I go back to the first itā€™s not the originally/initially defined mode.

It should be, map/track is the per track modeā€¦
Map/follow is the common which shares the trig mode over all tracks

1 Like

Weird cos I canā€™t emulate it! Iā€™ll have another crack later. In the meantime, thanks for your responses.

Map / Track settings are set differently.

Press MIDI + up/down arrows to select the trig mode of the track. It is not shown once set, useful for external midi control only.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking only on the box itself. Imagine the possibilities - I canā€™t believe itā€™s not designed this way already.

Think about a midi cable between midi in and out then! (External midi from OT! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)
Works great with MAP / TRACK apparently not with FOLLOW / TM while in midi mode.

If you want to send clock, the thru out can send it (thru send what comes in).

It wasnā€™t possible before, itā€™s already a great evolution imho! It opens a lot of new possibilities. I really wish these settings will be saved with parts. It has too. They said say will improve it more, be confident!

Since MKII release, bringing Trig conditions, we didnā€™t have such an update.

4 Likes

I agree - the recent evolution/revolution was an unexpected gift. Iā€™m going to try your midi solution - I have a blokas midi hub, so some sort of solution along those lines should be possible. Thanks!

1 Like

If you control other machines with midi tracks, it can be useful. Otherwise, as long as a midi track channel is shared with an audio track channel, no problem (it blocks audio tracks from sending midi, and midi track from receiving midi).

Iā€™d try with a single midi cable firstā€¦