Modest OT feature requests

how you control track levels by midi?

First entry, appendix C-2 of manual, CC7 on your track midi chan !

Http://hotoolz.tk

Ok heres my non- modest request.

API access via USB for control of functions from MAX?

Overbridge!

saveing tracks/machines and parts with full settings to a library so you can load them whenever you want. Just like samples with their slice/timestretch/gain setting in the audiopool

Shortcut for layering two samples. Right now it takes 3 tracks to combine two samples togetherā€“one track for each sample, and one recorder track to record them playing at the same time. The user must sequence the samples to be played at the same step in the sequence, configure the recorder track to resample internally, optionally set a recorder trig and establish a recording length, then play the tracks to create the recording (making sure recorder looping is off), play back the new sample to make sure it worked, navigate to the edit menu, slice up the content of the recorder track, assign it to a new flex or static sample slot, and assign the new slot to one of the active tracks, all in order to simply combine two existing claps into a new clap, for example. Then the user must free up the other two tracks in order to use them. This is an onerous workflow. The user should simply be able to have one sample selected on a track, double-tap the Playback button, navigate to another sample in the pool, select an option to ā€œLayer Current With Selectedā€ or something to that effect, and let the software handle it.

2 tracks suffice. You can use any recorder.
Copy paste in Audio Editor? Not sure it works properlyā€¦

Well thats like, your opinion manā€¦
Dont forget the Octatrack was designed what 10 years ago? And was never designed as an Ableton or MPC type thing.

The sooner people think of OT like an 8 track step sequenced tape recorder, the better off they will be.

Hammers are good for hammering, screw drivers are good for driving screws, if you need everything, you need a Tool box full of tools. Even then thereā€™s always this one thing you still need

2 Likes

Not a shorcut but you can use Audio Editor. :wink:

Select the shortest sample. Copy (Fn+Rec)
Select the longest, select MIX 0db or -6db for PASTE MODE, paste (Fn+Stop)
Save
(Tested)

7 Likes

You have saved me so much time! Thank you!

This is great! I love the OT for so many reasons, and now this is one more reason.

1 Like

Is this not a feature request thread? Besides, as sezare56 pointed out, it is indeed possible to do this!

Being able to copy and paste more than one trig at a time. You can do it on the DT but not the OT.

Yeah its a feature request. For a product that Elektron repeatedly advise, there will be no more features added for the octatrackā€¦

Is that static, flex, or track recorder audio editor?
Mix for paste mode? Is that a MK2 thing or My OS must be out of date :wink:

It could be that your OS is out of date, but to access it (in Flex machine) navigate to the Edit page and click Edit (Fn + Bank) and scroll down to ā€œChange Paste Modeā€, and itā€™s in that menu.

Huh. There it is. Never been that far down the edit listā€¦ :wink: octatrack eh? Full of secrets.
Cheers

Dont forget to change paste mode back to defaultā€¦ my OT just went fully mental and wouldnt stop pasting every time I pressed stop.
Still, nice way to get some horrorible noise samplesā€¦

1 Like

Scenes for Midi LFOs. I understand that scenes for CCs it would be troublesome, but please LFOs - I think thatā€™s modest!

1 Like

Please please please can we have retain respective trig mode when switching between tracks. (edited for proper terminology)