Model:Samples overlay

Saw this on reddit. Kinda cool.

Video of placing it on the sampler:

This is the blurb from the reddit post:

Nice overlays for the Model:Samples (and other machines) to be found here: https://www.oversynth.com/ Now I want it even more! But I’m somewhat curious why Elektron doesn’t offered such layers themself.

1 Like

great idea, looks like something now :joy:

Kind of gives me a headache. I guess I just prefer the minimal look of the original design. It is also not that deep of a machine that I would think it needs to have an overlay. But I could see this being useful for people with bad eyes.

1 Like

very nice carpet
i want one…

super cool … wish they did one in Black :smiling_imp:

Are these in sticker format or just an overlay?

From the video on YouTube there are just a couple smaller adhesive tabs in the corners, and the knobs hold it in place.
I prefer these to stickers, frankly, as they’re meant to sit on top and are less likely to peel / get ugly after a while.

I ordered the Schofield version. https://www.oversynth.com/product-page/schofield-overlay-for-elektron-model-samples-oversynth
Funny how the sample section is gerrymandered, though perhaps not as bad as the sequencer. Looks like an Indiana State Senate district.

But mostly, the black around the function button will help me much more, as will the larger texts in dim light.

They do now! https://www.oversynth.com/product-page/max-black-overlay-for-elektron-model-samples
I’m not too into the green, bits, however.

1 Like

My first Elektron baby gets a new look from oversynth.com. I believe @AdamJay helped with design.

1 Like

Hey y’all :slight_smile: are there any other options out there? these are nice and all but could use something a bit more slick/minimal. i’m a graphic designer and most of these are a bit crampy/overkill (for my tastes) and give me a bit of a headache. i mean bad kerning does too so there’s that :slight_smile: “it’s not you it’s me” haha

The OP “Schofield (No Piano Keys Along Bottom)” is the cleanest one, so i’ll prob get that if nothin else is out there.

and yeah that black one is nice, besides the green bits.

i was a stupid and used a bit too much cleaner once or twice. the light gray labels are almost gone :frowning:

1 Like

I did one myself with customized symbols in Autodesk Inventor (I’m a technical designer/drafter) and printed a test version with a heavily edited Unsplash image as backdrop. It’s flashy, but too messy. The template is clean though. Soon I will have access to a CNC printer and I’m going to make a wooden one, with burnt in symbols, for both the Samples and the Cycles

5 Likes

I like what you did with the chromatic key symbols :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Anyone in the EU selling overlays for M:S?

Use the Marketplace - Buy section to seek one out, please :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thanks, I could do that of course. But I was thinking more, if there’s any vendors or other companies in the EU making any :blush:

1 Like

That’s a good question. Hmmm. I’ve really only seen Oversynth in the US producing these. :thinking:

Yeah, me as well. Didn’t find anything with Google. So I thought “Hey, maybe somebody else knows”.
But M:S might not be that popular of a product compared to DT for instance, so maybe they are the only one. I don’t know.
Haven’t gotten an M:S yet anyways. My only gripe with it is how it looks :sweat_smile: I’m a sucker for visuals. I’m not just Into music production. I’m also Into design and visual art. But it’s obviously not the most important thing for an instrument.

Have you considered going the “cuckoo route” ?

1 Like

Aarh thanks. That’s actually very cool. I see he used some spray to make the acrylic makers stick better. I’m not much of a drawer, but maybe that spray will also work for acrylic paint :thinking:

yeah, a dope look is great to motivate

1 Like

I dream of going the “cuckoo route” (on M:S, M:C, and keystep), but while everything is under warranty I’ll probably use stickers. Please share if you do though!