Model:samples monthly challenge #1

I suggest switching to a more standard set of samples for next challenge. Something structured like factory presets (4/5 drums sounds + 1/2 bass/synth sounds), but using long samples. Just a suggestion :+1:t3:

…Or it can go farther in the unusual territory :
For the next one, i propose a “More Cow Bell challenge” with only six samples of Cow Bell.

More seriously, i’m totally in for a not obvious choice of samples, but i can understand the need to get a more classic set.

1 Like

A more classic set doesn’t mean all songs should sound the same, that’s the interesting point I think. Specially if the selected synth sounds are long samples (or even the percussion sounds)

A more experimental set would keep away more users, I think. Specially all those who are not interested in ambient, etc…

But that’s just my opinion :smiley:

@TheOfiS
Indeed !
Still…the more i think about it, the more i want the “More Cow Bell Challenge” to happen.
Remember that this was my idea (so people can find me and call me names)
…I said more a lot

I like this idea. Or perhaps even more of a challenge, we get just one sample of a cowbell? :skull:

Another rather obvious source for samples for the challenge are the “demo”-samples from the different sets that Elektron sell on their website. Just found them this weekend, there are many really nice ones already in the free to try-sets.

1 Like

It seems it was a one and done…

Perhaps we should start one for ourselves on here, and create a monthly challenge thread?

we gonna post the new challenge tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, sorry, we were a little bit busy…So here we are for the next MS Challenge. For this month, we thought to create some lofi beats? So here we are 😃

The download link : https://drive.google.com/…/1oiR78PEZ3H9xocultpUKiirOyTm…

Sample file, if you want to find where we take samples:

https://docs.google.com/…/1KEw9bZHsyc937LABeFXw…/edit…

Have everyone a nice lofi creations 😃

3 Likes

Cool, another challenge! I can’t acces or download the files tho :cold_face:

1 Like

Sorry, i change the download link
-> msmc2021 02 – Google Drive

1 Like

me either!

Cool ! just to be clear, any attempt to produce a Yoko Ono Techno Waltz Ska Three act Opera is forbidden ? Lofi beat it is then…

ahah

Cool. Will try to hit the deadline this time around.

Um…what is the deadline?

you have 3 weeks to create and record your creation on youtube. POst here your creation or on elektron model/samples facebook page. All videos gonna add on youtube playlist

1 Like

There comes number Two !
I did filmed the “proof of samples” manipulation but my inexpensive camera and abscence of proper setup made the screen unreadable, even with image corrections, so that bit is missing…

3 Likes

Here’s my first stab

3 Likes

Does anyone want to take back the organization of the MS Monthly Challenge?
zzlotss and me have no time to perpetuate each month. If someone sure and motivate want to (find each month 6 samples, making video playlist, etc) tell me, we give all the passwords (from youtube and gmail) to perpetuate the challenge. :slight_smile:

Sure, I can take over the March challenge. Gonna post a sample pack in the next few days.

2 Likes

To be continued here: