Model:samples monthly challenge #1

here’s my mellow high last minute try - mostly played with lfos, decay and length

3 Likes

Here’s my entry for the challenge. Sorry for the late posting. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

sure there will be a challenge in february :slight_smile:

I suggest switching to a more standard set of samples for next challenge. Something structured like factory presets (4/5 drums sounds + 1/2 bass/synth sounds), but using long samples. Just a suggestion :+1:t3:

…Or it can go farther in the unusual territory :
For the next one, i propose a “More Cow Bell challenge” with only six samples of Cow Bell.

More seriously, i’m totally in for a not obvious choice of samples, but i can understand the need to get a more classic set.

1 Like

A more classic set doesn’t mean all songs should sound the same, that’s the interesting point I think. Specially if the selected synth sounds are long samples (or even the percussion sounds)

A more experimental set would keep away more users, I think. Specially all those who are not interested in ambient, etc…

But that’s just my opinion :smiley:

@TheOfiS
Indeed !
Still…the more i think about it, the more i want the “More Cow Bell Challenge” to happen.
Remember that this was my idea (so people can find me and call me names)
…I said more a lot

I like this idea. Or perhaps even more of a challenge, we get just one sample of a cowbell? :skull:

Another rather obvious source for samples for the challenge are the “demo”-samples from the different sets that Elektron sell on their website. Just found them this weekend, there are many really nice ones already in the free to try-sets.

1 Like

It seems it was a one and done…

Perhaps we should start one for ourselves on here, and create a monthly challenge thread?

we gonna post the new challenge tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, sorry, we were a little bit busy…So here we are for the next MS Challenge. For this month, we thought to create some lofi beats? So here we are 😃

The download link : https://drive.google.com/…/1oiR78PEZ3H9xocultpUKiirOyTm…

Sample file, if you want to find where we take samples:

https://docs.google.com/…/1KEw9bZHsyc937LABeFXw…/edit…

Have everyone a nice lofi creations 😃

3 Likes

Cool, another challenge! I can’t acces or download the files tho :cold_face:

1 Like

Sorry, i change the download link
-> msmc2021 02 – Google Drive

1 Like

me either!

Cool ! just to be clear, any attempt to produce a Yoko Ono Techno Waltz Ska Three act Opera is forbidden ? Lofi beat it is then…

ahah

Cool. Will try to hit the deadline this time around.

Um…what is the deadline?

you have 3 weeks to create and record your creation on youtube. POst here your creation or on elektron model/samples facebook page. All videos gonna add on youtube playlist

1 Like

There comes number Two !
I did filmed the “proof of samples” manipulation but my inexpensive camera and abscence of proper setup made the screen unreadable, even with image corrections, so that bit is missing…

3 Likes

Here’s my first stab

3 Likes