Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

Ah cool! Yep, you’re right. :slight_smile:

When u load another sample on one track, it erase the previous sample from the ram.
But for the locks folder, a clear/purge fonction would be useful.

It would be nice if the +drive remembered its hashed entries when backing up. I’ve just had a nasty surprise when reloading backed up projects over sysex. I rebuilt my +drive exactly the same as before but of course the associated hashes changed, meaning that my projects are now pretty much irretrievable, most of the samples are missing from ram/locks.

Also, not sure if it’s a bug but when I load a project over sysex, even though most of the samples are missing, it says 001% ram left. It’s the same for multiple projects and it’s highly unlikely that I used 99% ram on all of them :thinking:

Yeah, I suppose purging Sample Locks is more the issue.

If you use transfer to pull them off the m:s and restore those samples to the m:s, not the originals, they should retain the hash.

Not sure how you rebuilt it but maybe this was the problem.

1 Like

Hmm, I did use transfer to back them up, then zipped the files. Its possible I’ve made a mistake somewhere along the lines though. I just unzipped the folders and dropped them back on with Transfer. I put my folders in the root of the +drive, maybe that’s the problem.

Thanks for the input, good to know it is possible by following a certain procedure :slight_smile:

Could also follow the new behavior of of the trig condition knob on the Digis : center default is 100%, turning knob left decreases % until you get to 1%, turning knob right gets to all other trig conditions. It’s time consuming to scroll through the % values to get to other trig conditions.

3 Likes

There is one thing I love in Novation Circuit Mono Station (although I must say I hated it during the first days… a lot!). It is: you need to save any change in the current session (equivalent to pattern here). Any unsaved thing is lost after a session change

Applied to a jam, this means you can mess with the knobs as you want, then change to another session (pattern), and then when changing back the original sound is still there. This is super powerful & funny

I believe this can be achieved in M:S through TMP SAVE/RELOAD functions… But again, applied to a jam (changing patterns, etc…), this means a lot of finger actions (and very precise… TMP SAVE when a pattern starts playing & TMP RELOAD right before changing pattern if you want to keep the sound when coming back?) to get the same result you can get with zero effort in Mono Station

Hey! I would love to be able to save the samples in the current pattern as a folder for one-button loading in a different pattern.

The reason this came up for me is that, while copying patterns “does the trick,” if I am working with different pattern lengths in non-4 time signatures, the copy creates a lot of re-programming of beats.

Let’s say I have done a composition that involves three patterns. And while working on one of them, I made significant changes to the sample set. I would like the one-button solution for changing the sample set to the same in the other two patterns without losing thos patterns.

1 Like

Hi !
After 2 weeks with the M:S I would definitely request an attack option, be able to use both filter hi/lo at the same time and a second LFO page per track. It would def make this box sound cleaner and even more flexible.

That would involve time stretching, if I understand you correctly. I don’t think it’ll happen on M:S. No harm in asking tho :slight_smile:

Yeah, Ableton has quite advanced time stretching algorithms for that. I can almost guarantee this won’t come to M:S. Not even the more expensive Digitakt can do this. Only Octatrack - but it’s algorithms aren’t the best.

I would really love to see an option where you could set your P-locks to latch when using control all. Maybe in a menu or by holding down function + track while changing a parameter so you could choose if you want to “control all” including your locked steps or only “controll all not-locked steps”

So for example i have a 4-4 kick going with decay set to 60 and p-lock the first step to have a longer decay (127). Now when i hit control all and reduce the decay to 0 i would still hear the first step locked to 127 while the others go silent. With a latch mode you could choose if you want this behaviour or have the P-locked step go down to 67 relative to the “main” decay value.
I believe this could be easy enough to implement in a future firmware and would grant a whole spectrum of happy little accidents so please consider this, dear Elektron Team.

I’d really like to see a way to audition a single trigger with all of it’s locks without having to wait for the pattern to loop. Some thoughts:

1. “Trig Key + T# Pad” for the track it belongs to. There’s already pretext as “Trig Key + Play” treats the trigger as a func action clearing the trig data.
  2. “Trig Key + Func” Maybe this combo might get in the way of live performing, not sure.

Such an option would really aid with getting more out of longer sample chops, and might even become a performance feature as well (dedicate a single track to chopped samples, which can be pulled up by holding trig and punching the relevant button)

1 Like

Kind of dissapointed that the M:S cant send midi keyboard notes to a track and through to a synth simultaneously

I have to choose between keyboard midi through to the synth or midi track out to the synth. I think this is the biggest oversight on the device

1 Like

Hi, good people!
First, it seems to be a nice community here and I’m eager to start using my M:S - Model Samples. I choose it before the Cycles since I want authentic hat and clap sounds.

Second, until now I have been producing music with a DAW. For several reasons though, I now want to create or sketch full songs dawless but to my surprise and disappointment, reading the manual, I found that you can’t save pattern chains aka song mode in M:S.
This is strange, even my old worn Zoom Rhythmtrak RT-123 from 1999 has song mode, shouldn’t it be a basic functionality in every hardware sequencer for musicians nowadays?
I’m not a swift live performer that remembers all settings and button combinations and easily enjoy the challenge of hitting the right buttons in real time. And it seems, that you must have exceptional finger acrobatic skills to push down a bunch of buttons at the same time. I probably want to use 9-10 patterns at least. Use a ruler to push [func] button + all [trigs]?

Please, correct and guide me if I’m wrong here, or implement save patterns aka song mode function soon in the Model Samples firmware, thanks!
FYI: my unit came with OS 1.12

Same here,
I also wanted to place the M:S in a midi chain between master keyboard and synth modules, hoping that it would be possible to merge the midi notes from the M:S sequencer to the midi notes of the keyboard.
In a minimalistic DAW-less setup this would be very nice, as you could for example spend one track of the M:S to sequence the bass synth along to a drum pattern of the M:S, while having hands free for chords and melodies.
I know there a dedicated midi tools for this, but having a “OUT+THRU/MERGE” option on the M:S instead of either “OUT” or “THRU” would be so much smarter…

wouldnt even have to be that complicated. Thats a hardware thing

Even when the M:S is in midi out, the track is receiving midi notes, you can see the track light up, but for some odd reason its not sending the notes out from the track. It will only send the notes out if you record them into a sequence.

Seems like this could be fixed in firmware?

That little word ‘or’ hurt a lot when reading.

Panning parameter lock would be amazing

5 Likes