Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

As others have said, Scales would be great and even I know that wouldn’t be too hard to program.

More filters, it’s a digital filter right? It would be great to have a bandpass, a peaking filter and some slightly more exotic stuff if you have time like like triple 3n lp/hp switchable. While we’re at it, just add all the old Z-Plane filters. :slight_smile:

Would 6 midi tracks be out of the question? That would be amazing for the price, but then it devalues other HW a little bit.

3 Likes

Can we have step preview too, Elektron? :kissing_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Oh, and fine start point / length would be killer too!

6 Likes

DON’T TEASE :smiley:

I emailed Elektron to ask for Transfer sound preview on the Samples (not just on the computer.)

1 Like

I do think they’re a bit stingy with filters. There’s plenty of decent open source code for all sorts of filters. All they need to do is tweak that a bit. Plus the basic filters are hardly super high tier programming and they don’t take up a huge amount of space.

On the samples, it’s not bad, but on the Digitone you could get so much more sound out of it with some lp2+n+n filters, so a lp2 with 2 spaced notch filters. Or even just a nice fat bandpass, that’s a great one for percussion, I belive that what helps make the 808 kick, a fixed resonant bandpass with noise, iirc.

1 Like

Oh, i don’t doubt that there’s super cool work being done there. But for a myriad of reasons that may not be possible. I imagine devs want to use their own algorithms, some of the work may include IP / code that’s not commercially license-able and may have been reverse engineered which could lead to more severe DMCA action depending on the source, could include DSP specific code which the vendors are extremely protective of… It also helps to have written the algorithms to begin with if there are any possible in optimal interactions or bugs in implementation with the rest of the code.

I can still dream but i understand pretty well why this isn’t likely to happen.

1 Like

It would be real nice to be able to mute a sample in the sample lock menu. Some tracks I make can get busy with multiple samples and this could improve workflow.

2 Likes

Slot play mode like on the octatrack. That Would be amazing. And sort out the retrigg.

Please we need mutes per pattern, not global. Finding out i couldn’t setup intitial mute states for each pattern is a big bummer for creating a live set

12 Likes

I agree with this. I’d also love a “Latch Mute/Unmute” mode, where all 6 tracks can be muted/unmuted without FUNC being held (assuming this isn’t already a feature that I can’t find/figure out).

5 Likes

If this thing can sample one day, it will be a beast !

I don’t know how they can do that…

So, sooo many good ideas in this thread.

Can anyone quickly tell me if it’s at all possible, with a software update, to turn the headphones out into a second pair of outputs? I’m suspecting it isn’t but I dont know.

Big fan of the amplitude attack control request. Big fan.

1 Like

For future model series / Samples mk2 I’d love an audio input akin to the DN / A4 etc. even a single mono input would be sick.

I think it’s been mentioned, but I really want a quick way to save projects like on the Digis!

One workaround idea - saving the pattern with certain track vols at 0?

Maybe with the usb audio input. Ahaha i’m dreaming :wink:

Somebody said that on the OP z they added sampling via usb input with an update…

The last update on digitakt allows to purge samples ram, i hope they will do the same for m:s.

1 Like

Or save more patterns. Ones where, for example, there are no trigs on the kick, then on the next pattern it’s identical but with the kick trigs added back in.

I kinda don’t mind this, or at least I appreciate the knowledge it’s workaround has given me. Global mute was the first reason I got super familiar with the Condition functionality of the sequencer.

I want conditions on all my other gear now (looking at you, Minilogue XD).

Between the already suggested ‘use more patterns’ tip, and getting very very familiar with conditions and pattern chains, you might find that you too prefer global mutes.
It has its perks.
Honestly, I’m pretty sure I use way FEWER patterns and get more variations per pattern utilizing conditions vs if I was programming pattern-unique mutes.
I’m regularly and comfortably getting at least three to five variating loops out of any given pattern through conditions. Far greater variation per pattern is mathematically possible, though not always musically logical.
Plus, if mutes were per pattern on the MS I probably would have ignored the conditions and played/programmed it the same way I have on 95% of the standalone sequencers I’ve used, and where’s the fun in that?

2 Likes

This is a really great point - I think the conditions fill a lot of the need for being able to record mute automation. The one thing that I thing would be better about a global mute, however, is to be able to quickly throw down a mute automation pattern. Conditions are super powerful but they’re really hard to do in an immediate fashion. On Model:Cycles I do this a lot by recording me latching/unlatching the “gate”, which effectively increases or decreases note length. Doing something similar with mutes would be really nice.

Overall, though, I think that conditions are 10x more powerful and the lack of mute recording opened my eyes to how powerful conditions are as well.

2 Likes