Model Samples Button comes out

+1 with the same. Last week bought a second hand MS and today popppp

I just opened a ticket today, hopes get soon news.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’ll send you a new keybed. It came pretty fast (although not fast enough for the gig I needed to play). Oh well. Great customer service nevertheless.

1 Like

Yes i had isues with my digitone and was super fast and Best customer support of a synth company i had isues

1 Like

Can it be fixed by gluing rubber legs of popped button to rubber core panel?

In your scenario, you could try using strong but flexible adhesive meant for shoe repairs (bonding rubber to other materials) to try and secure the button back into the panel?

The legs I believe sit on the physical button to press, you would put whatever glue around the edge of the button where it laid in the core panel (and was too thin in the first mold.)

Oh my god, my MS started to tilt ! ( i bought it second hand :woozy_face: )

I had the same problem. Contacted Elektron and they’ve sent me a new buttonpad free of charge. I just received it today and replaced it.
The Model:Samples works like a charm again.

Props to Elektron for the care and quick solution in this matter.

Many Thanks!

5 Likes

Hey guys, I was wondering if it’s normal that after the function button is broken out, the function knob starts flickering when you push it after you’ve put it back in place?

Is this one from first batch (2019)?

Is yours from a newer batch and func button still intact?

Get the button panel replaced, Elektron will send you one.

Yup,
I know I can get new buttons, but I am wondering if the flickering has to do with the button being loose or if it’s a problem with the board.

Nope, old 2019 batch. And the function button sprung out.
But as stated, when put in place again, it flickers when pushed. So I am trying to find out if there’s something wrong with the board as well.

Replacing the button panel will diagnose this!

There’s no need to speculate, they have replacement stock for the initial production flaw.

I’ve bought a Model:Samples 2nd hand which is still in transit which has this issue, hence the question. But as soon as it’s in I’ll pop out a mail to get me sent new buttons and see what happens I guess.

Actually my question was directed at Vromber. :slight_smile:
First batch was the most problematic i think but the func button problem is still there with some of the newer batches afaik.

Gotcha, it’s really the most likely culprit. If they had it registered, you can ask them for the S/N and get the replacement request placed before you even get it delivered.

Much much rarer if so.

Cheers :+1:

LOL, I thought it was weird as I believed I had explained it clearly earlier on in the thread :laughing:

1 Like

I dont have one.
I`m still gathering user reviews and waiting for an OS update to make final decision.

1 Like