Model Samples Button comes out

In my thread people said that MS is a rock solid machine suitable for hard use.

Not mine. And i have a model samples facebook group with more than 1000 members. A lot of broken buttons. First we thought it’s only the first batch but i think it carries on to newer models too. And even if it’s just the first batch Elektron should send out new ones to the first customers. I wonder if they’ll even repair mine for free the second time.

1 Like

This one’s for you, little button

2 Likes

When Cenk Dataline left the team, i thought that one of reasons was MS.
He didn`t want to promote such product.

1 Like

And maybe he sabotaged the first batch? :smiley:

Maybe

The buttons coming out is actually a feature.

4 Likes

Update for mine:
Support reacted quickly and sent me a replacement button mat.
Just replaced it, M:S is working fine again.

2 Likes

My FUNC button has now started to either pop out or stay down when pressed. Was thinking I could live with the Model:Samples if I could control most of the functionality from my Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3, however I’m not sure if the FUNC button’s functionality can be mapped to MIDI. Does anyone know?

Edit: Now the FUNC button comes out regularly or simply stays pressed down causing accidental erasing of patterns, or overwriting or other annoying things. All this as I’ve been getting prepared for a live show in 1 week’s time. Terrible. Is this the thing that pushes me over the edge to finally get a Digitakt?

1 Like

There was a batch with too thin rubber between the buttons. If you notice it on yours you can have the replacement sheet sent to you. It’s not a difficult swap and i’ve only had it happen once.

Edit: The main concern i have beyond is the ac adapter plug design, it is so small for point of connection that jostling on a soft area like a couch can create a wider vertical flex and cause power disruption. Probably less of an issue gaffed on a card table but for a performance i’d probably use the USB power out of paranoia’s sake.

Its not a killer, but definitely a frustration even considering the price.

What i’m not bothered by is definitely the idea of function buttons being stuck again :stuck_out_tongue:

Send a message to Elektron and see if they can send you a replacement shortly!

I sent them a message a few days ago but no reply yet…

1 Like

Strange. They replied to me the next day and sent out a new rubber mat 3 days later. Have you registered at the Elektron site?
Mine got repaired by Elektron the first time it happened. So maybe they hurried up because it was already the second time.

1 Like

Happy to report that new keybed is in the mail from Sweden. Whether they’ll get to me on time for my gig, who knows. Doubtful.

4 Likes

Update - I received the new buttons yesterday and it feels like a whole new machine! Very happy.

5 Likes

What year was your unit made?

Not sure, but it’s one of the Made in Sweden versions (aren’t they made in Estonia now?).

“Actually, there’s a “MFGDT” tag next to the S/N that gives YEAR-WEEK”

Check it please.

You’re right. Mine shows 2019-W08.

1 Like

Funcy first batch yo!

2 Likes