Model:Samples Bugs Thread

OK then… Glad you got it sorted…

1 Like

Happened to me a couple of times. Function helps but it seems like a bug.

I hope this gets fixed for you. I haven’t had this on the Model Samples but I did on the Digitakt but they fixed it with an update.

The Sample Start differs if I switch @ the Sample Assign Page. Seems to be correct there, but not if I leave the screen. The Slices are somewhere else.
Anyone else have that issue?

When “Fvel” (fixed velocity) is set on the T pads, it works fine, but if you then set “A. on” in the Retrig Setup Menu, the T pads become velocity sensitive again, despite the “Fvel” setting.

(Reported to Support)

1 Like

Didn’t see a bug thread for this, and I’ve found one (and filed a support ticket) - when using sample locks, sometimes the buttons stop responding. I can still remove trigs, but can’t add new ones nor exit Record mode.

I am encountering inconsistent behavior when streaming audio from IPad Pro 12.9 (Previous Version) IOS 12.2 out of the MS running 1.02A.

Model Samples USB out > Apple Camera Connection Adapter > IPad > Audio Out Model Samples (Not using any third party adapters or cables)

Audio from IPad will play normally for approximately 10 - 20 minutes but will eventually cut out. No warning or error messages. For example when using AUM or AudioBus apps the level Meters inside ios app will continue to show audio levels but no audio.

Btw I did test other sample rate settings but had similar results so continued using default 256ms.

On the bright side the audio from MS engine will continue to play normally un-interrupted but clearly this is not usable for this type of use case.

I understand compatibility with ios can be a moving target even with class complaint stuff but I hope this can be addressed in a firmware update.

Wondering if this is indeed a bug for others with this use case. Class Compliant USB audio was a big selling point for me. But if sadly its not seamless operation, as it is with all my other Elektron machines, then there is no point on keeping the MS in my case.

2 Likes

Has anybody trouble with midi sync?
When i connect the M:S as a slave to my A4 Mk2 everything runs smooth and nice. Till some random(?) point, then the M:S just runs on half or even quater tempo. It says ext tempo, but i can hear i.e the kick very, very slowly. Turning the unit off and on solves the problem. Very anoying tho… :sad:

It also seems to suffer the same bug as the Digitakt if I am correct? In that, if I send a program change message from my Octatrack, it will wait a cycle before switching to the correct pattern on the Model:Samples.
Very annoying as it is my only gripe with Elektron.

Yup I also have midi sync issues but only if I have it connected over USB. There is weird delay between abletons transport start and the ms. Even when both machines are starting from the beginning of a bar.

Using midi in rather than USB solves that problem though.

2 Likes

a consistent bug I’ve noticed is quite often I’m unable to move from the track currently engaged to another track. The work around is, I have to change patterns then go back and everything works fine and tracks are selectable again. It feels like I’m running out of RAM.

1 Like

I just got my model samples , it’s on version 1.02 ,and I had a weird issue where the reverb wasn’t working at all for one particular project I turned it off and on and it didn’t really change anything. I made a new project and the reverb was working fine so I went back to try to figure it out ,and after no avail I gave up and just kept playing around with it and randomly the reverb came back out of no where. Has anyone had any similar issues

1 Like

Hey. What can be the problem? When I use more than three samples on a track and wind up several parameters with several parameters, my device stops responding and behaves as in the video above. I think that this is due to the operative memory and the fact that it ends, maybe. What do you think can be done about it? Maybe I load my device too much? or is it worth returning it to the store?

Copy and paste patterns freezes the m:s every so often and upon rebooting it reverts the saved patterns back to the last shut down. This makes my main method of pattern making a mine field😕

Can the clicks that come with looping a sample get patched out? I’m not sure of a trick to get rid of right now besides the filter.

1 Like

Got this while pressing stop plus play multiple times. Strange.

Hey - I’m all of a sudden not able to add (2:4/3:4/4:4) pages to my sequence in grid recording mode… the page button does nothing. Any ideas??

This can be super useful, but for some reason I can’t understand it works on some patterns, while it doesn’t show up at all in some others (the rename menu doesn’t appear with the func+save long press, it just saves the pattern). Is this a bug or am I forgetting something?

I am also experiencing the same thing as @Emixed posted on Apr 8 using firmware 1.02A.

IPad is connected via camera connection kit to M:S using elektron USB cable. M:S USB is in Aut mode, with audio running from M:S into ipad, and back into M:S. Doing a bit of processing in AUM with Effectrix, adding a few other parts, and sending back to M:S.

I get 10-20 minutes of USB audio functioning then it drops out and USB functionality only returns with a reboot of the M:S.

2 Likes

Mine says Free:100% at all times, even though I have put about 80MB of samples on the +Drive and my project is linked to around 50MB of samples.

Maybe I am just misunderstanding what the “Free:100%” actually means?