Model:Cycles

I preordered one yesterday. I really like the idea of pairing it with the Analog Heat; haven’t seen any demos of the two together yet though.

4 Likes

Getting pretty impatient about my delivery since you guys are posting some cool beats and I want to join the party :partying_face:

Now it says 2-5 days at Thomann so I hope that’s correct.

1 Like

Ooo, that’s gonna be gritty and real nice

1 Like

Would you like to hear some audio then? I have heat Mk I and m:c sitting over there… Any specific heat settings or drive modes you interested in hearing?

Now that the heat works with iOS, I could actually record that stuff without using a computer or an MPC for recording.

1 Like

Nice. I’d like to hear more percussive stuff being driven and filtered in any way really; I typically use Saturation and Enhancement. I really like how DN sounds with AH, but I love how more lo-fi FM sounds with analog filters best.

All righty then… hey didn’t I do this with the DN too when it was released? :wink:

Time for a sequel. I’ll check that my heat records into my iPad and once that works I’ll run a few of my pattns with the “melodies” muted across those dist modes.

1 Like

mine arrived today :partying_face:

10 Likes

I’d be interested in hearing filters/saturation on the tone/chord machines!

Now taking frequent breaks at work. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

ah okay… I’ll try to add some of that in too

got started - WHOA! sounds kinda badass :loopy:

audio coming soon

3 Likes

Ok, here’s some noodling with 3 distortion modes on the heat, all start bypassed, then demonstrate pushing drive to max setting, followed by filter wankery and cringy ctrl-al nonsense :tongue:

Disclaimer: Only last recording normalized. Not levelmatched properly, watch out for loud peaks! Recorded from the m:c headphone output using a Y cable, with output roughly looking what AH expects to see on the input level config screen.

DL enabled for lossless

If you fancy the pattns, they can be DLed as syx from the m:c music thread.

I gotta say, using the heat with iOS to record works bloody brilliantly these days! Audioshare worked straight away with no config needed, and recorded iOS output played back flawlessly from the heat headphone out :nyan:

21 Likes

give us some more! sounds great

Thanks! Would you like to hear something specific wrt AH + m:c then?

Nice I think my next step it to run mine through my Pro2 and see what kind of nonsense I can make it do with the SEM filter and different methods of distortions and drives.

1 Like

Thanks!! Hmmm, no, actually, what ever you come up to and like… just keep doing what is fun to you

Love your keyboard btw. My other hobby is mechanical keyboards as well.

2 Likes

Mine arrived yesterday and managed a couple of fun hours with it… as others have mentioned a few wee minor bumps in the getting used to UI differences with other Elektron boxes but already starting to get past those. I seem to have got some monstrous head cold today so can’t cope with loud sounds and the M:C is just sat there staring at me with, in the words of Dr Hook, sexy eyes.

At this rate, it’s a question of time before I realise that I actually need the M:S after all… it seems that the prophetic @AdamJay has been so very right all along.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think he has a lot of shares in Elektron :rofl:

2 Likes

So this got me thinking - are the insides of both model: boxes exactly same? AFAIK the insides of the digis are almost the same except that the DN has to processors whereas the digitakt only has one. And obvs the amount of buttons differs between DN & DT. But models seem to have identical UIs etc

all my stock is in usb cables and stickers

sounds like a good question to pose to Ess at Model:Cycles Q & A

1 Like