Model:Cycles

I was yesterday about to yell at @eangman because I thought he used the wrong button icons for punch and sustain in the manual… turns out he didn‘t and I got a very special unit here

15 Likes

If/when you are doing this live please let me/us know! I am not far and would love to see it in action. Was happy to find this name hanging around the forums after coming across “Inoperable Data”. Cheers!

1 Like

Does Rytm have this function?

Push encoders? Yeah.

Func + Blue knob

3 Likes

so is there a way to jump around octaves when playing the trigs?

sorry, but I gotta say it… the sound of this thing is just SO punk rock to me. it just screams. can’t help but love it. (and Elektron for making it.)

5 Likes

Just got my shipping notice. Pumped to get my hands on this thing!

2 Likes

Not really, you can technically still play chromatic while in the track set up page and transpose the buttons but it is one step at a time so you would really need to master a twelve step spin or something. setting the track pad to a note either higher or lower than the chromatic range available on the trig buttons lets you get 1 extra note for live record without an external controller, it can make for some interesting results.

2 Likes

My girlfriend was looking at the cycles box when it came home. "Contour, Colour, Shape…sounds like you bought a box of makeup’ :rofl:

21 Likes

Looks like Elektron has a hit here huh!?
Lotta good posts. Makin me jealous.

Good to see tho :+1:t6:

5 Likes

hmm, that’s the most annoying flaw I’ve read about it so far. I guess for a drum machine it’s not a huge issue.

You can push the blue encoder, but it shifts 16 semitones instead of 12 unfortunately.
If you go up until -60 and come back you can reach 12 but it’s depending on you luck to dial it right ^^

2 Likes

Yeah we noticed that one. It has been reported as something that needs to be improved. 16 semitones is less than ideal from a musical standpoint. 12 seems more reasonable…

19 Likes

Got mine on monday, it’s exactly what I wanted a drum machine to be as a teammate for the Digitone, good job Elektron !

Just a question to those who already have one : I found the level/data & main vol encoders to be noticeably wobbly, more than the track parameters one… am I the only one ?

3 Likes

Had the same question! Apparently, it’s normal for push encoders!

2 Likes

:star_struck:

Thank you for acknowledging this, Erik.

Was hoping for that kind of answer :sweat_smile: as they both behave exactly the same. Got no wobble on my DN push encoders but they are obviously not the same as those on the M:C are “step by step” in addition.

All my param knobs are wobbly. Just assumed it was normal.

1 Like

If Elektron made it 16 steps of 1/16-octave intervals then we could really go in for some Machinedrum nostalgia on the M:C. :quirky:

7 Likes