Model:Cycles

Found on YouTube!! Not mine

17 Likes

Damn, that sounds lovely!!! Have you got any post production on that? It sounds really full. The arp’d sound is well tasty.

1 Like

Sorry forgot to add that I found it on YouTube,not mine!
But really nice sounding jam

2 Likes

Off topic, but are you the same Sonic Mayhem who did the Quake 2 soundtrack? If so, there was a long stretch of time where I played along to that on guitar every day after school :metal:

6 Likes

Yeah that arp sounds really good and so wide. Would that be unison with the chord machine or is it reverb?

I have just ordered and I’m looking much forward to receive it :smiley:
It’s actually very timely since I have just started to use the DN much more for FM drums and I still will but a lot of those drums can now be done with M:C and free up tracks on the DN.
It’s also pretty light so no problem adding it to my setup and bringing it to gigs.
Having the Digitone already for deeper sound design I think I’ll like the immediacy of the Model:Cycles.

1 Like

Yes, thats me. :slight_smile: Rock on!

10 Likes

FUNC + 1 could be OCT down, and FUNC +16 could be OCT up.

7 Likes

This is super good. Feels like a (drug induced?) refrain from action in a cyberpunk universe.

I like that suggestion. /cc @ess

3 Likes

Has a similar vibe to Dustforce OST.

Was out of town for gigs. When I got back an hour or so ago, my M:C was waiting for me. I have a local gig in less than 4 hours, so that doesn’t leave much time for exploring this thing but I hooked it up through my OT to listen to the factory patterns and turn a couple knobs. First impressions;

Sitting next to my OT it’s a tad silly looking, but I’m not really fussed about that too much. I don’t find it cool looking or especially ugly.

Build quality seems very solid. All the buttons and encoders feel pretty much like I’d expect from Elektron.

Fortunately, I don’t finger drum, so the pads having a wonky feel/sensitivity probably won’t affect me.

Browsed the factory patterns…sounds nice enough to me. Low end is thick and the highs are as smooth as they’d need to be.

Forgot how much I missed control all! I prefer that to setting up performance stuff on the A4 a whole lot. I think Scenes and a slider like on my OT is unbeatable, but control all feels fast and musical for improvising.

Wish the mutes weren’t global, but I can live with that.

I might be crazy, but I’d swear when I switch patterns the lights that indicate tempo don’t line up so well. I’ll explore more stuff on Tuesday when I’m back in town for a few days. Cautiously optimistic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heh u full of shit mate!

I caved in already, getting mine as soon as local retailer has stock.

I hope I dont end up getting a m:s too :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

is the sequencer sending out data?

:rofl:

Quietly lurking all the ms threads. Interesting to see pretty much every video posted is full on groove box mode.

Im going to get an ms to use as a drum machine. Was previously decided on the division department 01/IV , but the ms has its own sequencer, more voices, and nice fx.

Much as I love my TR8-S, it just doesnt quite scratch the itch. I sense a swap at some point.
Isnt it cool how there are so many options and all these new sounds nowadays!

1 Like

:laughing:

I know the struggle

It sounds like it’s travelling with mine, so at least it has company.

1 Like

Recorded my first real jam…

I actually programmet the OP-Z and then recorded the midi data into M:C. I just enjoy programming the OP-Z then the Elektron boxes.

This is some high octane stuff, really dig the M:C!

19 Likes

just got my tracking info… looks like mine is coming sooner than expected :okej:

6 Likes

Really Nice! You nailed it. I love those bleeps going into something groovy.

2 Likes