Model:Cycles

be careful man…I had a momentary lapse of reason…went nuts getting modules.
so much money.
then clarity came to me, and I was able to regain control. its definitely fun.
again, just be careful :wink:

2 Likes

Ooooo, Rainmaker is something I really want to have!

1 Like

Too late for me! Though I’m thinking of pairing down quite a bit. It’s way too easy to think every new module purchase means you need another module to make it work better…and it can just keep going :slight_smile:

ill tell you it was COOL cutting it down. I was thinking modular was done for me. but when I got it back down to 208HP I was focused on the modules I had…its just more fun. [I find]
I had a stupid 832HP :confused:

1 Like

My current rack…the layout is a bit goofy because I couldn’t fit the depth of some modules where I want them to go

2 Likes

Yes I absolutely love the Rainmaker. Can’t wait to run a M:C thru it. :tongue:

2 Likes

this is prob should be a diff thread…but…

I can most likely get rid or more…and sell some more boxes too.
I gotta get down to a very small setup some how. [to much stuff :frowning: ]

4 Likes

Whoa!

I’m totally done with buying more modules!!! I capped out with 416hp. Once I get the Models I’ll chill for few years on instrument purchases.

2 Likes

I’m there with you man. [tho im still gonna shed some baggage]
I think what I have on my desk is just right for having a good time. I like the stuff I play with, it fits me, no piece of gear is gonna make me great…so…ya…:+1:t6:

1 Like

I don’t have a M:C yet, but I have a uFreak. It’s definitely got bang for the buck. However, if you’re in it to sequence, I found I wasn’t really into it. It’s easy enough to use, and has plenty of variation, etc. but it’s no Elektron sequencer. It sounds incredibly good, they just gave it more features in a software update. It feels pretty plasticy. More than the Models line (I did have a M:S which I loved.)

I would say that the Model line is more fully featured, and better build quality for the money.

The uFreak has a nice analog filter.

I suppose it just depends on what you want to do with it. They’re fairly different.

Personally and subjectively, I’d go Cycles. I’m thinking about picking up another M:S and having the Model:Duo setup for playing outside the studio setting.

2 Likes

I love my Gotharman Tiny LD because it does a lot of this.

2 Likes

I sold a AR, A4, DT and OT to fund my modular rig. Then bought another OT after I realized I can’t live without it. Now my studio is basically
MD,
MnM,
OT,
DN,
Sidstation,
Deepmind,
MPC Live
Modular
I want the Models exclusively to play out live without the worries of something happening to my babies. M:C impressed me enough to feel confident with that and a M:S.

1 Like

Can’t live without a Maths and Clouds. :joy:

1 Like

I sold a few pieces to help fund more eurorack. DT , A4mk2, MicroMonsta. Loved the A4 to pieces but never had that much fun with it. Current humble setup is;

OTmk2, M:C, eurorack, an old Korg Trinity Plus and some pedals.

1 Like

I hear that! Clouds is awesome. More so, with Maths at its side.

Adding: another I don’t think I could part with is the Digitone. It just does so much.
[MD and MM are a given. But they aren’t out all the time]

1 Like

That’s nice focused setup and really less is more. Basically you have everything covered except a analog monosynth.

1 Like

Agreed! The Cwejman SM-1 is my main lead type synth and while I love it, it’s stupidly expensive :slight_smile:

Been considering a few different synths. Matriarch, Pro3…not sure yet. I play bass for a living, so this is mostly a hobby, but I’d like to do more electronic shows :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, lots of flags for off topic stuff.

Let’s just try to get back on topic… :slight_smile:

11 Likes

After 20 years of buying and selling gear I finally feel like I’m content with my setup. Modular definitely brought a new level of sound design and beat making for me. I’ve been on the Elektron train since the Sidstation and I‘m completely blown away by their latest addition the M:C. It’s like they whittled down everything to it’s bare essentials and made it affordable, portable and yet great sounding!

3 Likes