Model:Cycles

Yes, I believe BI had 3 types of synthesis engines onboard with a few knobs to control it all.

Thinking back, Model:Cycles reminds me of the Electribe MX, which also didn’t have an Attack knob. M:C has fewer synth engines, but a much improved sequencer.

So I wonder why adding an Attack parameter is so difficult?

1 Like

Maybe because they expect us to use different machines if we want a softer attack ?
My nord drum 2 does not have an attack parameter directly on tone, it spreads this along wave type,click and a sort of inverted decay…Only noise component of the sound has a real attack parameter…
You get used to it but I always have to make a mental exercice to soften the attack of the sounds I want to produce…
I’m pretty sure this will probably be number 1# feature request ! :+1:

1 Like

Yea I own the Atlantis and it’s a really fun mono synth but the real “eurocrack” is in all the interesting drum and modulation modules. It’s too easy to get over zealous and drop 4Gs before you know what the hell is going on. The M:C at $300 is actually the perfect antidote for a eurocrack infliction.

6 Likes

There’s an LFO hack you can use to create an attack parameter. I believe loopop goes over it in his review.

Set LFO to ENV for the track and you can adjust the LFO settings to get you a longer attack if needed.

2 Likes

Yes the BI has to be one of the best modules out there for sound design. One of my favorites, I’ll put it up there with the Mutable Instrument Elements. I’m pretty much done putting together my modular rig. I think this M:C will make a nice companion to the rig for live sets.

2 Likes

I guess it makes sense for percussion engines, but not so much on the Tone & Chords engines. I’m not complaining - I’m just curious from a coder’s-perspective why these grooveboxes (Electribe SX+MX; Model: C+S) don’t include an Attack knob. The LFO ENV trick is great, but we lose the LFO, & we cannot grab an LFO from another track like we could with the Machinedrum.

Yep thanks, I don’t have this problem right now since I don’t have a M:C for the moment.
I’m pretty sure not everyone are willing to sacrifice a lfo to get an attack parameter though. :smiley:

My Octatrack will be in charge of providing more modulators if needed !

1 Like

New : Elektron Transfer 1.2.0

1 Like

The Pelican? Very cool.

I am still hopeful they will add an attack to the Models at some point. The decay knob only has one function, so maybe FUNC + Decay would be good for that.

2 Likes

These are the pattern demos I did when I submitted my banks of sounds to Elektron.
I didn’t set out to make Detroit techno, but that’s just where the M:C took me!

Everything was done 100% in the box, out through the stereo outputs, only light limiting to catch peaks.

Some (most?) of these sounds are included as presets in the M:C factory banks.

20 Likes

@Ess @eangman @Elektron @ whoever

can we get this beautiful background as a desktop & iPhone wallpaper?
our devices could use some sprucing up Elektron style.

another means to celebrate the release of :cycles.

wallpaper

1 Like

Model: Cycles and Microfreak exact same price. Which has more bang for buck?

Def excited to see what you do with it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is set up to go with an OT. I want to simplify it an get a M:C-M:S combo and just use one of the Modular cases for live shows.

8 Likes

Sexy, Didn’t know Polyend joined Euro. I’m going to steal some of your ideas, if you don’t mind.

1 Like

Absolutely

1 Like

Just waiting for my shipping notification now!

2 Likes

Nice setup!

1 Like