Model:Cycles

Thanks!! Hmmm, no, actually, what ever you come up to and like… just keep doing what is fun to you

Love your keyboard btw. My other hobby is mechanical keyboards as well.

2 Likes

Mine arrived yesterday and managed a couple of fun hours with it… as others have mentioned a few wee minor bumps in the getting used to UI differences with other Elektron boxes but already starting to get past those. I seem to have got some monstrous head cold today so can’t cope with loud sounds and the M:C is just sat there staring at me with, in the words of Dr Hook, sexy eyes.

At this rate, it’s a question of time before I realise that I actually need the M:S after all… it seems that the prophetic @AdamJay has been so very right all along.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think he has a lot of shares in Elektron :rofl:

2 Likes

So this got me thinking - are the insides of both model: boxes exactly same? AFAIK the insides of the digis are almost the same except that the DN has to processors whereas the digitakt only has one. And obvs the amount of buttons differs between DN & DT. But models seem to have identical UIs etc

all my stock is in usb cables and stickers

sounds like a good question to pose to Ess at Model:Cycles Q & A

1 Like

Model:Cycles is super fun!

1 Like

so put it in the right thread, maaaannnn. Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

just punt and install the M:S OS on the M:C, then let us know! :+1:

2 Likes

It has arrived :see_no_evil:
Also FF7 remake demo download just finished…
Going to be a fun afternoon :laughing:

7 Likes

I’m super close to pulling the trigger but I’m trying to do the “depth year” thing and not buy any new gear (except monitors, apparently, lol). I’m torn between saying screw it, life’s short, let’s do this thing vs. respecting the depth year… and heeding @pselodux’s observations about the similarity to Nanoloop 2, which I definitely haven’t dug deeply enough into.

1 Like

would be pretty hilarious if this worked. anyone dumb enough to give it a shot?

Yeah keep going with NL2 imo! It’s well worth trying to maximise it, such good jamming software.

1 Like

:vulcan_salute:

I dont think the syx files of the OS is compatible… Doesn’t the syx dump look for a specific ID byte or something? Those will not match. Would need some other way of installing the OS.

If one of the machines was a sample based machine (like the Model:Samples) it would just like a hardware version of NanoLoop for iOS :smiley:

I’m on my fourth day with the m:c now and its grown on me in this short period of time like no other elektron before it.

I love the sound, mainly. Upon first glance it seems like it has a very limited palette of sound and very little controls. But somehow when you start tweaking and stacking the sounds, you find that there is quite a bit of variety… you can even escape the “OPL FM sound” if you want. Quite astonishing really!

7 Likes

I feel the same.
I even managed to get some kind of acid bass while there is no filter on this thing ! Refreshing for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah absolutely, I was thinking the same. I’ve nearly filled a bank with patterns, each of which is different but sounds great, which for me is pretty rare. It just seems to encourage getting stuff done quickly but making it sound great and interesting at the same time! Killer box

1 Like