Model:Cycles Q & A with Ess

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Model:Cycles Tips & Tricks Thread

@Ess As M:C was designed with Max, is there a M4L editor or could be one released in the future? Would be nice to have one to control and design sounds via push 2 …and my M4L knowledge is close to 0…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

From what I’ve heard/read, it was prototyped with Max, and then Elektron’s DSP guy remade it in assembly for the final product, so it’s not actually using the original Max patch.

edit:

2 Likes

Ok, thanks. There is already a M:S m4l device around, I guess is a question of time for someone to make something similar for M:C

Hi Ess, I’d like to know what your thoughts are surrounding sampling and the model Samples, do you like the idea of things like internal resampling and sample slicing that would place slices on the pads etc… this is not a feature request just wondering how you view such concepts…

also what are your thoughts on intelligent randomizers in instruments like the model cycles and model samples ?.. Regards

2 Likes

I have the same problem with pads! Sensivity is very very poor! I dont want to beat off my fingers. it is really not usefull! Do yo know, are all devices go with these pads?

2 Likes

I find no one needs 127 different velocities for the pads, especially on drums, so have you tried reducing VDep in the Pad menu? I set mine between 30 and 50 and it makes them very useable

5 Likes

Because of the sound design actually possible or because more machines will be added? :smiley:

2 Likes

Interesting! Possibly a bit of both? In the original context of the post, it seems to be that once you discover little tricks and certain settings it really opens up compared to what you thought you could do with it when you first got it. Let’s ask @Ess for clarification!

1 Like

I always took that comment to mean that as you spend more time with the box, you learn more of the nuances and ways to play with the “limitations” to coax more and more out of the machine. And perhaps it’s the answer to the riddle “when is a drum machine not a drum machine?”

4 Likes

When a drum machine isn’t a ‘drum machine’…

4 Likes

I feel like I’ve been rickrolled :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m wondering if the delay effect is exactly the same as in the model:samples. Sorry if this got answered already.

Hi there!

Just a quick question.
For some reason the Track buttons (T1 to T6) do not return a sound when tapped (or it’s very very low).
The 16 pads do and while pressing “RETRIG” then T1-T6 does return the sound of the machine loaded.
Any idea why?

Thank you!

1 Like

maybe this answers your question?

2 Likes

Yes That was it. Thank you so much!

1 Like

This! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Just moved several off topic posts out of this thread.

Here’s the deal: I’m done moving these posts around. Our forum software is not a fan of such actions.

If your post in this thread is off topic, and doesn’t ask a specific question to Ess, or respond specifically to his response to a question, then your post will be deleted.
Not moved, not shuffled into a corner with a quaint little reminder that derailing threads is a violation of forum guidelines. Deleted, without warning, and without any more explanation than we are giving now.

If you have posted in this thread and it looks like your post was deleted, then chances are you didn’t follow the rules of this thread.

So please, the mods are begging; use this thread wisely and respectfully to our time, your time, and Ess’s time.

16 Likes

@Ess do you know who made the “Ghoul Hug” and “Hollow Inside” demo patterns? I assume it’s the same guy, they both use the same tricks and sequencing style… Can’t stop listening to them and peeping how the sounds were made (that random LFO to pan trick, so good…)

4 Likes

Yes, it was me! Glad you like them :blush:

10 Likes