Model:Cycles OS 1.11 & 1.12: bug reports

Great stuff mate! This was driving me nuts yesterday, started happening very frequently.

1. I mostly just use audio and I only used midi to slave my DAW to M:C and that was around the time this started.
  2. I am using a MBP so not really any correlation there.

I think you are definitely onto something with the USB MIDI. I set my int Out to AUT and I set midi OUT TO: MID, so no midi was being sent to the USB and I had no more dropouts for about 3-4 hours, which was unprecedented for the other 8 hours that I had it switched on for.

I will try this again today and see if I get any dropouts, then I will drop a ticket. Hopefully get a solution because the audio kicks the ass out of my interface sound quality!

Edit: I still haven’t had any dropouts since changing midi OUT TO: MID

1 Like

Interesting re the midi out setting… Unfortunately that would kill the ability to use Tensor… E has to have enough to figure this out based on our work…

Please @Ess, tell us the firmware guys are on this…

1 Like

@ESS, updates/response please?

I’ve also started to experience the clocking issue where the audio of my M:S starts to distort and phase. Using Logic here. Looks like this bug affects both the the M:C and the M:S. I restarted Logic and the M:S and it worked fine.

1 Like

Changing pattern fast doesn’t work. I have experienced this many times now. I do press Pattern key first and if I hit the trig key too fast nothing happens. I have not had this problem with any other Elektron machine.

3 Likes

same issues. midi in triggers the pads but only after recording it goes to midi out. any fixes/workarounds?

I do not think there is; you would need both midi out (pads/sequencer) and midi thru (External keyboard) to get this functionality. You can only choose one

hope that this will be in a future firmware, since playing external instruments with a sequencer is kinda basic. nevertheless, fantastic machine

you can set the midi out to act like a midi thru!

edit: @seta already mentioned it…

1 Like

sure, but then there is no point routing it through the m:c. i want to use the sequencer of the m:c.

probably somebody noticed this “strange” (interesting) behaviour too:

• track in gate/sustain mode
  • play and keep the pad pressed, so it sustains
  • meanwhile press the pattern button
  • release all keys/pads
    –> gate stays open like a hold function and sound continues

$$$ it comes with the price of a weird sequencing in live recording afterwards, so i have to power off/on

anybody?

1 Like

I have noticed sometimes midi notes get stuck when sequencing from ableton with heavy mofulation. It has to do with too much information for midi protocol to handle. Maybe not your case…

1 Like

I found out my critic was wrong. Pattern change works totally fine when I press pattern only and then the step button. Instead of pressing both of them together.

4 Likes

Good to know!

1 Like

I have a strange behaviour on changing patterns ( patterns + number ) were the pattern blinks out the selected one to follow BUT instead it keeps looping and blinking but won’t switch … were should I look?

Has anyone else noticed the following:

When under MIDI sync, pressing play on the master devices often causes the M:C to skip the first trigs of the pattern.

2 Likes

I have that issue too + latency in audio stream compared to AFmkII is around 70ms

I keep getting stuck notes over midi, using the cycles with live via usb midi. Does not happen very often, but more than I wished it did.

Yep, seems to happen with a lot of Elektron devices :frowning: It’s not so much of a bother in the studio, but live it’s annoying to say the least. I can’t remember which, but sometimes double tapping stop on either the master or the slave before hitting play on the master sometimes fixes it. It’s definitely a bug or midi message pile up :frowning:

1 Like

It’s, uh… pretty depressing, I’ve fought with things like proper MIDI sync for ~15 yrs now, ever since I got into using a DAW. I consider this to be in the same category – thousands of units spent in gear, and pressing play doesn’t play them properly?

Sorry, just having a moment of disbelief here :sweat_smile:

1 Like