Model:Cycles only music

Thx digiwut ! yes i used to record her when she was a baby but hey, she’s 17 now :grinning:
she was writing some teen poetry and we decided two years ago to begin a “family business”, and now the youngest is beginning with graphics and vid footage !

4 Likes

My girls brought home several pockets full of shells today. I had the MC out and it was surrounded in seconds.

Also some of the music I was messing with over the weekend.

Sounds thin and quiet compared with my previous recordings. I messed up by trying to record with the camera directly. Going to try again soon.

3 Likes

I really like that one. :totes:

Just the video is not my cup of tea. :diddly:
Had to listen again, - without the video, without watching nervous feets and someone pushing buttons and shells laying around (why are there shells laying around?!) :troll:

At 2:50 some actual visualisation starts, would`ve loved that earlier. :nyan:

Anyway, the sound is superb! pretty cool :cool:

1 Like

nice one! :content:

1 Like

Brilliant! J’adore le texte et la voix.

1 Like

merciii Tchu :blush:

1 Like

Just finished my first complete track using only the Model:Cycles. I have had it since near launch and used it a ton but not as much by itself. Really enjoying the weird corners to be explored with control all, track muting, and probability.

3 Likes

I’ve reshot it!

The sound quality was bugging me so much! I’m a lot happier with how this version turned out. Little tweaks to the hats to relieve some monotony and I changed the pluck tone some.

My daughters brought home pockets full of shells and littered them around the table!:laughing:
Could’ve been succulents instead!

I can’t answer for my nervous feet though! That’s just some of my weirdness.

I do usually record most of the knob tweaking as part of the demonstration, but I typically do like to add visuals halfway through for whoever sticks around. Seems some people like just seeing the synth right up front, while some prefer some video art accompaniment.
I split the difference when I can.
What’s most people’s preference there anyway?

2 Likes

That sounds awesome! Really crunched up in places (in a good crunchy way).

1 Like

Ok, I didn`t hear anything that would have to be changed, but oneself is its greatest critic.

Because of the second video the story about the shells is starting to evolve: it looks like they were collected at the shores of the atlantic ocean. :tongue:

Sorry, I hope I wasn`t rude and too personal. :cheeky:
Why there are so many videos about music looking like a product presentation or a tutorial is something that makes me wonder.

Sometimes it is interesting, most of the time it`s not.
But anyway, if I like the sound I just replay it without watching distracting visuals.

Just a matter of taste.

I would like to see your visualization of your music.

1 Like

East China Sea for here!

Not at all. :grin:

Thanks for answering that question about visuals by the way. It’s something I’m not totally sure how to handle when I’m making these videos, but I appreciate the insight.

1 Like

Man, I wish my teens expressed any interest in helping with my music! Good work, dad.

1 Like

Not mine, hard techno / slow gabber

5 Likes

Small snippet of ambient I’m working on.

“Wave” is a Snare with open gate and long decay. White noise and “Passing train” made out of Chord with 2k random LFO on pitch, the former is long note and the latter is a retrig. Very quiet Chord with fast retrig, huge amount of reverb and delay to fill the gaps plus slow LFO on Sweep to add movement. A drop of overdrive and compression added on top.

Quite pleased with this sound in comparison to “regular” palette of M:C.

26 Likes

Keep going, it’s very good!

Thanks!

That is excellent.

Make more.

1 Like

Glad to hear some “hard” stuff with this box, will post some soon.

1 Like

Nice, I discovered this trick and made something along these lines too! Will try to record it sometime. Lovely track, it’s nice to try and push this machine into unexpected places :slight_smile:

People who say this machine is too limited aren’t trying hard enough. Good job!