Model:Cycles only music

All Cycles, live through Analog Heat and into Zoom recorder.

Not the best recording, but it’s midnight and I’m knackered.

20 Likes

Lovely, I’m really feeling the mood in this one.

1 Like

Thanks for listening.
I felt like I needed to push the Cycles’ melodic chops a bit, as a lot of people seem to think it struggles to step beyond being a drum machine.

3 Likes

That’s a nice song. Really enjoyed listened to that.

1 Like

Thanks for listening.

I’m increasingly impressed with what the cycles can do outside of being a drum machine.

1 Like

I enjoy using the Perc machine for melodies

1 Like

That’s what I love about it. The versatility of some of the machines is pretty impressive, given the relative lack of parameter control.

1 Like

Gus and his Gang is a great comic. Joann Sfar? Or is that Blaine?

It’s Christophe Blain indeed, I love it too

That was great! Loved the melodies, soft percussion, and the pads towards the end sounded lovely.

1 Like

Thanks for listening. The only thing I’m struggling with on the Cycles is the lack of headroom. I tend to take the spinal tap approach to mixing and the M:C really punishes me for it.

1 Like

Paired the cycles & samples together tonight, and here’s what came out…trip hop type thing maybe:

5 Likes

Hey guys!
Lots of good music has happened since the last time I posted. Hope everyone is doing okay.
I’d like to share with you a new Model:Cycles song.

10 Likes

Nice one!

1 Like

Yesterday I tried to pair Model:Cycles with stereo reverb and delay pedals. Results were pretty amazing. Much wider sound. And then Hyve synth came in and we made some chill ambient like music :slight_smile:

Still not 100% satisfied about this recording, it takes some time to get the sounds right into the mix, so still plenty of work to do.
However I really like the sonic capabilities of this machine.

10 Likes

Hi guys!
Had a blast jamming on the Cycles this afternoon. Not quite there with live tweaking, some mistakes were made. But I really enjoy trying out the stuff I read in the tips and tricks section.
Thanks for sharing those!

11 Likes

here is my live set from the Model Cycles launch party at elektron studios berlin, entirely done on model cycles + H9.

my patreon subscribers will get the sysex for this btw :slight_smile:

10 Likes
5 Likes

Cool swell sound!

1 Like