Model:Cycles only music

Just the M:C, recorded live, no external processing.

23 Likes

Man this is so close to being perfect.
Two compositional things dont suit my tastes, but otherwise, this is mint. Sounds really good. Doesnt sound like model:cycles at all.
Excellent.

1 Like

Thanks man, I’m pretty fucking happy with it.

Not bad for a little toy.

I’ve found it’s at it’s best when it doesn’t sound like itself.

3 Likes

Yep. Maybe I shoulda kept mine a bit longer and dug a little deeper. I really hated the feel of it though, and my aging eyes couldnt deal with the tiny screen.

Anyway. You’ve uncovered something. Keep doing it.

1 Like

You should get another, I can smell the regret all over you.
Stop punishing yourself and rejoin the club.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s when it sounds like nothing in this thread it is at it’s best! And you did it :ok_hand:

1 Like

That’s great. I didn’t find all these great tracks on youtube directly. (Mostly review stuff from the usual suspects). Thanks y’all! :slight_smile:

Awesome. I’m having good fun with just my M:C running through H9, Space and AH. Tons of sonic landscapes to explore.

What’s the recipe for the acid bassline in Genos at 15:30? If I can get a good acid bassline out of it I might ditch my Circuit Monostation altogether :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t remember the recipe now but the sysex is up on my Patreon for those who want to pick it apart

I did, didn’t I

1 Like

My track on this release is recorded straight from the m:c. It was sequenced by the norns arcologies script, so may not qualify as cycles only. It was fun to use as a sound module.

4 Likes

I like the video too! What did you use ?

1 Like
1 Like

Very cool! I also loved the track made only with the M:C

Less is more!

1 Like

It really is

Nope. Happy with what I have.
Besides. My gear buying days are over, at least while I am not earning.

1 Like

Another one… can’t help it getting lost in cycles…

10 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

thanks! this little machine has found a big place in my heart :loopy: same for the DT, in someway most of my latest material is born on one of these 2 machines. I prefer the workflow of Digi’s but at the same time I really love the portability of the MC and because it’s daring you to get more and more out of it. That’s what I like about this forum as well, so much good stuff to hear and learn from other people, really inspiring. So big thanks to you all!!

1 Like