Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

Try Midi CC #64.

1 Like

like @bathrobe mentioned, I would LOVE it if I could record velocity (or any other automatable parameter) when retrig is enabled. I can record retrigs live, and I can record velocity live, how come it cant do both simultaneously?

1 Like

Don’t know if this is even possible and i saw this in some initial reviews back in Feb but it be nice to be able to control what comes out of the three outs. So you could do three tracks out of the three outs or have one out as an effects out and be able to control the levels.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I have to change my request now :laughing:
Transmit a CC via midi, when we have changed the machine.

[edit]and add it to the manual :kissing_heart: [/edit]

1 Like

I had a lot of fun with my M:C when I first got it, it’s the first Model Elektron I’ve owned and the format is great for jamming on the sofa etc, you can switch your brain off a bit more with the one knob per function interface.

However, it’s been away for repair for a month or so (power cutting out a few tones, they couldn’t repro it so no repair done, hopefully it stops happening!) and I played with it tonight and couldn’t help feeling everything sounded a bit samey (even the demo tracks).

Probably just not quite in the right mood, but I’d love to see more machines added to add a bit more variety. Especially the sound of the snare gets a bit tiring, and maybe something dedicated to pads. The Digitone has a much larger range (in exchange for complexity of course), would be nice to tap into that a bit more.

Also, it won’t happen due to the layout, but I’d love a filter. I love being able to tame the FM sounds with the filter on the Digitone and it’s just a nice way to add some easy movement/structure.

I’ll hold on to the M:C for a while longer and see what comes in the way of updates regardless, and hopefully another evening I’ll feel more inspired by it again!

I rarely use the snare machine for snares these days. I usually use tone or perc, but I like my snares to be more “tubby” / plastic sounding than snappy most of the time.

2 Likes

That whole using tracks for “unintended purposes” is one of my favorite qualities of the thing. Pretty crazy flexible.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Model:Cycles Tips & Tricks Thread

What are you referring to? Sorry I can’t figure out how to get to whatever you were replying to and want to know what these “unintended purposes” are!

@Roger I think he meant the preceding post:

1 Like

Hi @Roger! As performed in many of the recordings by @pselodux you can use one “machine” for much more than what they are intended for. Personally I like to use the CHORD machine with a fast sample and hold LFO assigned to pitch or color parameter to make a weird snare. I also like using the PERC machine as one would normally use the TONE machine by stretching out the decay and playing with especially sweep and shape parameters.

KICK is also great for bass tones!

Try it all out, man!

3 Likes

Being able to sync/quantize and swing retrigs are good ideas!

Anyone know if there Is there a global setting (eg per project) for default pad sensitivity? Always a buzzkill having to modify it for each track every new pattern…

3 Likes

Oh, I know, I’m always looking for hidden sounds within each Machine. I thought you were referring to the Tracks 1-6. :wink:

1 Like

Oh I see! My bad. I could’ve written that more clearly before.

You can make any track whatever machine you like of course. And to further change each track up there’s P-locks. I’m still blown away by the potential of the sequencer on M:C and the Digitone as a guy coming from Korg Volcas.

1 Like

If there is I have yet to find it. We really need this, along with some velocity sensitivity curve options. I am not sure if they can lower the actual threshold to trigger these pads, but I need to at least double the velocity response overall.

Ah yeah. That’d be nice. I usually drop the Velocity depth to 100 and that feels alright. Or just lock velocity, but setting a modulation destination for pads is a cool trick!

1 Like
  • Set Pan as the LFO destination using [LFO]+[FUNC]+Data Encoder
  • Add “Save Preset” to the Locks function menu
3 Likes

Here here for an arpeggiator! It’s come up several times in this topic, but I chant it as well.
What if the CHORD machine could strike its notes as an arpeggio? Like a secondary mode for that machine?

3 Likes

scales and arp no doubt!!!

1 Like

What if an Arp setting was added to the LFO setup menu. Then it could be used with any machine. LFO speed would determine Arp speed…

3 Likes