Model Cycles default keyboard layout

I made this to assist with knowing what key the trig buttons relate to at default settings, you can print it out and stick it above the keys, just crop it to the lines and it fits without covering the other text. JPGformat 600dpi if you have a PC connected label printer it should fit easily on a 24mm wide tape, 3 copies in case you need more.

Should be ok for M:S too.

For some reason the preview is missing some lines, but it is ok when you download it, print it to scale to ensure it fits.

15 Likes

Can fit above or below trig keys, looks like this:

13 Likes

Perfect! Already have some heavy stock paper in the printer. Away we go! What are you using to attach to the M:C? *** didn’t read the post well enough - double sided tape. I’m sure there is probably some sort of other methods as well. A laminate machine would be nice. Oh! Idea! A laminated graph would allow you to write in permanent marker or grease pen if we find other parameters that would benefit from some written reminders.

Appreciate you throwing it up on the forum for us :blush:

1 Like

I just printed on a Brother label printer, for paper just use double sided tape?

If you transpose the keyboard in multiple of 12 the notes will still be correct BTW.

1 Like

7 Likes

Just needs :3lektron: to make a new Hattery Bandle for ya :tongue:

3 Likes

Hello. I was wondering if there were a way to change the layout of the keybord from a piano layout to a more accordion style type of layout?
There must be a way… Omnichord style!

1 Like

There is only one keyboard layout right now. The 16 ‘keys’ one semitone apart.

The only way to improve on that is to add your own stickers (or buy an overlay) that reminds you how that string of 16 maps to your favourite instrument. It’s not hard to do for piano or guitar.

1 Like

That’s too bad.
I know how it’s divided when it’s semitones appart. But the accordion keyboard is really pactical to do chords. It’s somehow sad that nobody thinks about this layout when it comes to keyboards on musical instruments… especially this one i think.

layout would be :

B Gb Db Ab Eb Bb F C G D A E B F# C# G#

semitones is ABCDEF
accordeon is AZERTY

An additional menu in the / config menu / device / layout / pia… acc…

A sysex maybe?

How would you know what notes you were playing if the notes didn’t confirm to semitone intervals and there’s no visual feedback?

When you play accordéon you dont see them either. There is usuly a mark on the C or E once you know where you are it,s easy to know where to go :slight_smile: if you know accordion.

And all the semitones are there :

Gb/F#
Db/C#
Ab/G#
Eb/D#
BbA#
F
C
G
D
A
E
B

This pattern is repeated over and over as long as there is room

I think the issue is that a Model: Cycles is not an accordion. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And more pertinently

… but model:cycles is made for playing one key at a time, even on the chord machine.

Yes but the Keys are all seperated by a fifth and it is very practical to follow the bass line of a melody.
And furthermore the Keys are equally spaced so it would make sense.
The accordéon is a music instrument after all. It has proven it’s worth at some point as a control surface to make deep basses. If you own a good accordéon.

I’m now imagining a Model: Accordion with a squeezy middle.

H instead of a B? Visionary… :sweat_smile:

If you think live use… it should have been proposed as a chromatic layout.
Left hand on the basses / right hand performing something else…

Anyway its a serious matter. You are teasing because you don’t know the power it gives you.

See the omnichord… accordéon layout on the left hand.

And omnichord = gorillaz