Modal Electronics Cobalt8

9 Likes
1 Like

Awesommeee!

Going to try out the M version if it drops!

1 Like

Looking good! I’m a sucker for morphing, so this one ticks all boxes^^ :blush:
Definately have to test this thing :upside_down_face:

@ModalElectronics
Can you already say if we’ll see a desktop module version?

1 Like

@ModalElectronics I am curious about what the different algorithms are. Will a breakdown of the different algorithms be available on your website or in the manual in the future?

1 Like

This sounds really good to my ears! With a few of the patches I would have thought something other than VA was going on. And I love the way the voices are jumping around in this one:

I’d love to read more on the website about what’s going on in the oscillators. It doesn’t say a lot and, just specs wise, a 2 osc VA doesn’t look that impressive these days.

2 Likes

Hi Schnork, Thanks for the feedback. We are thinking about a desktop/rackmount version.

12 Likes

Not just me wondering then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi kirklandish, we are very close to release the manual. It should appear next week on our website with a list of the 34 included algorithms.

3 Likes

Actually 2 osc groups with up to 64 oscillators :smiley:

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Wow! I think the special sauce could be presented a bit more clearly on the page. I was feeling a little underwhelmed until I clicked on the audio examples, but there’s clearly some very cool stuff going on here.

2 Likes

Looks and sounds very nice!

1 Like

I haven’t looked around much yet , has £££ been announced ?

The pricing is the same as ARGON8, so RRP £579.99

6 Likes

Hello could you upload/demo of more bass ?
Thanks

BoBeats:

3 Likes

I can see a lot of UI improvements at Cobalt8 menu/operation.
Hope updated OS will follow up for Argon8 soon…

Haven’t watched the whole thing but the sound is pretty good so far.

1 Like

MPE, so I’m in.

I’m seeing a street price of GBP 483.

Aw yeah, Jack Duxbury time!

Edit to add on-topic content: I could be interested in this Cobalt8. 8 voices, modulation options, modern DSP. A lot to like here. At the moment, Digitone has me covered as far as poly needs go, but we’ll see, especially if a desktop module comes out…

2 Likes