Modal Electronics Cobalt8

Absolutely! You can do more or less what you want with the peripherals and resources available.

whould you find a distributor in CHINA?have long time interested of your synth,but could not buy one in china

currently,a new VA synth was a very brave marketing choice,since lots of mountain like long past over there and tons of soft live in the computer

1 Like

Let’s see… I find it a bit disappointing to have a clone of the argon8 layout… Because we can imagine it’s the same effects, same LFO, same Sequencer etc… only the sound generators is different. Let’s see what hidden interesting features they will reveal then.

1 Like

I don’t know. A poly analog, VA and stuff, might mean it’s multi-timbral as well. With the Argon sequencer, you got a quite unique package right there, if that’s the case.

I don’t know many analog polys, VA or not, that take the sequencing part seriously beyond just making a pattern. It’s like Analog Keys and the A4 and … nothing else? Possibly the Electribes, but after that, I don’t know.

2 Likes

Upon inspection it looks like this has three LFOs while the Argon has two (if a third hasn’t been added in a firmware update)

Algorithm is an interesting phrasing, it entails that it might be more to it then just “normal” VA. My initial thought goes to that it’s a combo of FM and VA… but who knows

3 Likes

If this has some analog-aping algorithms for oscillator drift and so on, it could be really nice. What time can we expect to see the full details tomorrow, @ModalElectronics?

I can’t wait to hear some demo’s. Probably all sorts of VA oscillators, different filter types, and it would be cool if it had the morphing feature of the Argon. Could get some interesting modulations going there. And hopefully some updated FX for this one, just to have something different from the Argon.

1 Like

I see a Morph knob on the picture.

1 Like

That’s morphing through the filter types, right? (On the Argon8)

On the Argon 8 page, it says “Create and save your own signature sonic textures with morphable waveforms, analogue-style morphable filter, an immersive modulation matrix and flexible digital effects”

So morphing filter and waveforms. Pretty cool.

1 Like

Seems interesting (maybe). I see 3 LFO’s and Algorithm knobs.

Regarding VA, I use the Argon8 for that duty, so I’d want to hear something I can’t do with the Argon8 before I’m interested in Cobalt8.

1 Like

Good point… the reason I never got an Argon8 was because I have Craft2 and this might fall by the wayside because it’s too much the same vein as Skulpt. That said, I’ve been inspired to watch some Argon8 videos because of this and with the sequencer and firmware 2.0 it is a much more appealing proposition. Now, if only they’d included reverse, ping-pong and random sequencer directions which seems to be my achilles heel these days and I’d have been flogging stuff…

Hi jeye_music,

Actually, ARGON8s note programmable arp provides these directions, and the arpeggiator can be recorded into the sequencer to edit it further. If you have any ogther question, please let us know.

6 Likes

When will we get to see it in action :slight_smile:

:grinning:

5 Likes

And do you enjoy this tease? Oh, c’mon, of course you do and we love you for it :heart:

2 Likes

You have no idea how hard it is to keep silent.

11 Likes

It doesn’t have to be…

We won’t tell anyone else…

Promise.

:wink:

2 Likes

Is there a time or something?

1 Like