Modal CRAFTsynth

Quick comparison between 1 vs. 2 Craftsynths with random factory patches. Straight into Deluge.

I’ve read lots of posts on forums about grounding issues with usb power , it might not be the synth.
Google it , you’ll find more stuff.

It’s discussed in the manual under troubleshooting (last page).

It’s funny, I have the opposite feeling of this interface vs the skulpt. I had the skulpt for a bit and could never gel with the UI as it felt waaay too busy. I agree that running the app opens it open but the shift, leds, and buttons seem more functional and logical. The app is great though for “seeding” a patch and seeing how everything is layed out visually. I like to set up a bank of building block patches and then do all the tweakings from the ui on the synth.

Sound wise, the osc section is great. With all of the sub 500 synths out there right now, it has a unique and distinct voice. So far so good!

2 Likes

Hi guys! I really can’t get the editor for my tablet. Anyone cares to give it to me? Thanks a bunch!

Pc , iOS , Android ?

I like cheese
Can you guess which one ?

Sorry for digging up this old thread but could someone tell me how to do a factory reset on the Craftsynth 2.0 ? I can´t find anything in the App settings or manual at all… am I blind or is it nowhere mentioned?

That really does seem to be one that fits the description “Bad Gear”

It sounds great, but the constant crashing would be really tedious.

2 Likes

I confirm that it crashes constantly, it was cheap but still too expensive for a useless piece of plastic. It’s good for the beach for a few minutes, nothing more.

1 Like

I got rid of the crashes since I use a stronger power supply (phone charger, 2,4 A)
I use it with a USB power/data splitter to eliminate the noise.