Minilogue XD

Yep the 3% $24 thing

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks on the sq1 suggestion. That’s one of those devices I have been hearing about forever as a great, cheap swiss army knife tool and with a recent xd purchase I was reviewing this thread and saw your tip. I found one for $50 on CL today and I can already see the usefulness with my new minilogue. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Has anyone looked into modding the XD joystick? With the XD module it’d be cool to have the stick not bounce back and instead be set-and-forget for live variation.

Sadly you can’t remap the pitchbend so it’d not be as useful as the wavestation stick… if that could be remapped I’d probably do it (maybe you could do something crazy disabling the pitchbend in settings, and then converting the stick bend output to aftertouch with an rk-002… but even if it worked that seems excessive?)

Instead probably just going to use an old iPhone and Lemur for some modulation needs.

The SQ-1 is a future classic, I’ve picked up three at this point. One new, the other two for dirt cheap right around $50. It’s very stupid to be selling them for this price when they have soooo much functionality. I think many people must not realize that they can be used as much more than a note sequencer. I think the best kept secret is that it’s a USB MIDI to CV converter, but shhhhh, I think it’s best if it stays that way… :wink:

Just for fun, can anyone tell me what a modular sequencer costs that has as much functionality as the SQ-1? I’m talking about multiple run modes, dual CV/GATE with independent sequencer mode as well as duplicated output, MIDI output, USB to CV output, step jump ability, slides, major, minor, chromatatic, and linear modes, assignable voltage range, Hz/V and V/Oct modes, and CRUCIALLY one knob and button per step… how much cash would that cost?

6 Likes

Is here someone who can tell me if it is possible to sequence the minilogue xd via the AR?
I have both machines but it doesn’t work for now.

Yes. See here:

But in general it would be interesting to find out if it is possible with the minilogue xd to sequence it via external machine like AR.

It is possible.

1 Like

Just saw the best video I’ve seen yet demoing the XD

I love the quirky video!

I think my XD and m:c are best bits of gear I have bought in a while

9 Likes

It looks like korg has released 2.10 with CV in to CC converting? Any one can confirm? I’m not at my desk to check if that’s what they have done!

1 Like

I also think this is the best demo of it. I didn’t like the sound of the xd when checking it in the store, but this is a really good demo, showing things I didn’t hear when I was on it. Nice

All the Jexus videos are awesome. Only synth demos that ever really interest me.

Looks like it. Download here: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/811/4230/

Release notes for Version 2.10:

• Added MIDI CCs for Joystick and CV IN
  • Fixed issues when assigning Joystick/CV to the Multi-Engine SHAPE parameter
  • Fixed issue where sequencer steps could not be muted/cleared with the REST button when playing in ARP mode
  • Fixed an issue when changing user modulation effect type while a user delay is being used
  • Multiple minor bug fixes

Will give it a go this evening :grinning:

4 Likes

I wonder if you send audio rate modulation IN could you use something like vcv rack to route the CC to audio and use the minilogue xd as a lofi audio over midi interface :stuck_out_tongue:

Tried it out myself.
Kinda sucks that it only works in poly chain mode and doesnt send it via USB. Whyyyyyy

I struggle with something for a while now with the XD. If you are in step record mode and you want to insert a big chord spreader over the keyboard and hold it for longer then 1 step it is tedious to do. You have to hold the chord with one hand and press a button with the other.

Is there a work-around without live recording. My timing sucks big time so J need step recording to work. Is it possible to insert notes and tie them together somehow on a different level?

if anyone is interested:

If not, please disregard this message :wink:

Thanx

1 Like

Is the stereo out only for the benefit of the internal fx?

Yes. They are amazing. Got a wavestate a few weeks ago, i don’t if it’s only me but i found THE fx in the minilogue XD far better than the WS ones.

1 Like

Thank you.

Interesting regarding the Wavestate FX. I’d hoped they’d be pretty good.

Have to say though that I don’t really like the XD’s fx and hence my original question. Think I’m going to run it mono into my m3000 reverb (dual mono configuration: very handy indeed)

I’m finding the internal fx on certain gear to be very disappointing. I had a deepmind 6 and hated most of the fx. Had an Mpc Live and wasn’t too excited about those fx either. Bit of a stress as I’d planned to use the Live completely standalone. Have to re-evaluate them though, as for some reason I’m hankering for an Mpc One. In contrast I liked the sound of the fx on the Digitakt and Octatrack.

Problem is I’ve been spoilt, having used The older top spec Lexicon, TC Electronic fx. I still have a few units but was hoping to reduce the amount of gear I have.

1 Like