Minicommand users?

Justin… Thx alot!!!

Ok, finally decided to have a bash at customising my Minicommand to my own specific needs… (want to use it for controlling OT)

…aaaand, I’m stuck!

I’ve got MidiCtrl-0018-b3–gcc4.5.1 installed and whatever code I have in it,
(even from the library of published sketches) I get the message:

Error building Library “CommonTools”

Anyone any ideas what’s up with my setup? MacOSX 10.9.4

Have you got all the additional files and so forth in the application loation?

Hi Rusty, yeah I noticed a note about that on Github but when I looked
inside Midictrl/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/libraries, all the folders listed like Common Files, Elektron, GUI, etc… 18 folders in total, were already in there.
Unless they need to be somewhere else? Or are there more recent updates that should be there instead?

what do you mean by ‘additional files’ … could you be a bit more specific?

When I install MidiCtrl 0018-b3-gcc4.5.1 that’s the most recently available software, and the folders I mention are intact in that install.

What addtiional files should i be adding?

I don’t know off the top of my head, but there is a bunch of files (i.e all the C+, header files etc) that I believe need to be located there.

I can probably check up for you, but it won’t be till the weekend at the earliest.

1 Like

Hey, I just pulled out my Minicommand after some time and had a great time using MDnotes for a couple hours. Woke up in the morning and got a " BOOTLOAD WRONG CHECK" message and that’s it. Started up patch manager to try and reload MDmonster firmware but it simply won’t work. Does anyone here know how I might fix this? Thanks.

have you tried loading any other firmwares to the MC to see if it still works generally? i’ll brainstorm other ideas but maybe try this first.

After several tries it worked!! Thank you for your response.

1 Like

hi all,

my mini command seems to be dead. Possibly from trying an incorrect psu.

It powers on and lights up the display and leds. Other than that nothing happens. I’ve tried to connect using the 2 osx programs I have for uploading firmware via midi but they don’t find the hardware.

Is there anything I can do? Any way to re-flash the arduino?

Hey all - is anyone making new versions/alternatives to the Minicommand or should I just keep an eye on the second-hand market?

Checkout the Morph4 midi controller
http://www.gugabox.com/New/index.html

Works great!

I don’t know if i am stupid, crosseyed…or whatever…but i can’t seem to find the hex files on the github site to upload a new firmware version to a newly bought MC…?!?

Only files i can find on github are pde files…which i am not known with…?

You might try Justin Valer’s website, and see his 2014-04-07 post in this thread. Some of what he archived from the Ruin & Wesen site might be an easier approach.

1 Like

What ever happened to Wesen? He was a cool guy and had a good time talking to him. He sent me the original prototype way back in the day. Good times.

You might try Justin Valer’s website, and see his 2014-04-07 post in this thread. Some of what he archived from the Ruin & Wesen site might be an easier approach.

[/quote]
Thank you for the tip…but i am also looking for the original available hex files for the MC.
I can run the patchmanager app…but no connection for hex files can be made due to the fact the RW site isn’t online anymore.

He was reportedly very ill for some time, but came back to post on Elektron-Users forum very briefly at one point. I hope he’s OK.

from what I’ve heard he’s well and has a job, and that’s all I’ve heard.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that :joy:

I’ve got two MiniCommands, great little boxes imho.

1 Like

glad to say he’s doing well … programming for a 3D printer company and working with MD, Machine and OP-1.

1 Like