Minicommand users?

glad to say he’s doing well … programming for a 3D printer company and working with MD, Machine and OP-1. [/quote]

That’s very heartening to hear: thanks for posting. We owe a great deal to the smart people that go out of their way to enhance the instruments we use.

So…can anybody share the MagicMidiController hex file for the MC…?!?

glad to say he’s doing well … programming for a 3D printer company and working with MD, Machine and OP-1. [/quote]

That’s very heartening to hear: thanks for posting. We owe a great deal to the smart people that go out of their way to enhance the instruments we use.[/quote]
^^ Countersigned all of the above.

1 Like

Maybe…? Send me a pm.

Just f.y.i…i got into contact with Manuel…and can give you a hint that something will be revived for the compiling part of the MC.

I will keep you updated…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooohhhh… interesting news :slight_smile:

1 Like

omg…i’ve been thinking of building one of this myself, I know R&W have the code online, but I think it’s not “arduino” compatible. I don’t know, I too stupid for this things. Shit.

I’ve been waiting a while to get one of this. Has anyone tried the midi PAL?

See here: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/minicommand-resurrection-mclive/

I’m designing an arduino compatible shield with through hole components

4 Likes

i love u

1 Like

Something crossed my mind, but don’t have my MiniCommand to hand at the moment… and probably won’t be able to look until the weekend.

Any of you cool cats built a stop/start midi sync into the MiniCommand? Kind of like the Mungo Sync2“this device allows slave sequencers to be stopped and started in sync while leaving the master clock source running to keep the beats flowing.”

Basically have clock coming in from Octatrack, and getting passed out to Rytm. Press button, stop passing the clock, load new Project on Rytm, then press button and start sending clock again so everything is in sync again.

Might give that a look when I have some spare time, unless anyone has already done it?

Edit: Thanks @JustinValer!!!

1 Like

Could really do with some help. I brought a minicommand off Reverb thinking it would be pretty striaght forward to load it up with the original R&W MDMonster firmware. After paying quite a lot of money, I’m now worried that it mght not be s simple. Can anyone point me in the right direction of this elusive firmware? I got the minicommand just for eclidean rhythms and MD notes

Thanks

The awesome @JustinValer very kindly hosts the files here

1 Like

excellent… I’ve already dowloaded patatch manager from Justins site. Which file contains MDMonster? Is it one of the MidiCTRL framework files?

It should be in the framwork. After running MidiCtrl; should be able to load it from:

File -> Examples -> Published Firmware -> MDMonster
or
File -> Examples -> Published Firmware -> MDMonsterNew

1 Like

yeah, it’s all there! Glad I spent the money (and hefty customs charge). So apologies for being clueless… once i’ve got the midi ctrl software up and running, how to I go about loading onto the minicommand – guess it involves copying code to patch manager?

a) File -> Examples -> Published Firmware -> MDMonster

b) Tools -> Midi Ports -> Input Port -> Whatever is connected to the MiniCommand

c) Tools -> Midi Ports -> Output Port -> Whatever is connected to the MiniCommand

d) Sketch -> Verify / Compile

e) File -> Upload to I/O Board

1 Like

So I’ve been having a go today. Every time I load the firmware/sketch I press verify/compile and get a message saying "error building library “common tools”. All connections are fine and selected in settings. I’ve tried with different firmwares from the published firmware section… hmmm. Getting closer though…

Also getting “build folder disapeared or could not be written”

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /private/var/folders/fg/nrlrgwq945b7nbww9tj1_7g40000gp/T/AppTranslocation/ACFF94ED-B933-4623-B5E1-31361908886C/d/MidiCtrl.app/Contents/Resources/Java/examples/PublishedFirmwares/MDArpeggiator/applet/MDArpeggiator.cpp (Read-only file system)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:194)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:145)
at processing.app.preproc.PdePreprocessor.write(PdePreprocessor.java:308)
at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1286)
at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1389)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1433)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1402)
at processing.app.Editor$42.run(Editor.java:2307)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Build folder disappeared or could not be written
at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1311)
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Build folder disappeared or could not be written
at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1311)

solved - didn’t load to applications. P.S. I’m loving the felt RW case it came in… tome to have some fun

Cheers Rusty!

2 Likes