MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

Hi,

i want one PCB too, including shipping to Germany.

I’d love one of these but my soldering skills are basic at best, so I have to ask, any chance I could pay for an assembled one?

Shipping from Honolulu.
Anyone interested, shoot me a PM please.

I’m not far ahead of you, but looking at the board, it’s pretty straight forward.
I actually was gonna build 2, and ordered parts for 2 (some substitutions on things as I’m not putting it in the enclosure provided), so maybe after I do one and it works I’ll concider.

1 Like

Sounds good to me, definitely. Thanks

MegaCommandLive is getting an arpeggiator for chromatic mode.

The arpeggiated sequence can be live recorded in to the sequencer tracks and then manipulated using the step editor.

I dont often hit record, but the MD was sounding mighty impressive today.

This tech demo should give people a bit of a feel for what MCL’s chromatic mode and the MD are capable of. The third act showcases the RAM page sampling and slicing,

19 Likes

Awesome work,
All this news make me want to start one,
I’ve read trough this post but didn’t find the infos, is there anyone making enclosure for this ?

You can 3D print your own enclosure.

2 Likes

I just discover this subject.
Is there a place to buy fully working MiniCommand?

I’ll take one please shipping to Sydney, Australia

1 Like

quite the response people :wink:
all my extra pcbs are claimed.

to everyone who msg’ed me, i will have final shipping costs for you my the end of the weekend.

3 Likes

Can I order a complete prebuilt unit of Megacommand somewhere?

Is it possible to use this with any other Elektron machines? I have an old MiniCommand and Octatrack, A4 and Analog Rytm.

Currently, MCL has native support for A4. Other machines will work with general MIDI mode.

1 Like

I have the original MiniCommand/software. I can’t even get it to communicate with either of the machines, or my Mac OSX Catalina. I have set the A4 to send and receive midi, nothing. Any advice?

I don’t have much experience with the original MiniCommand, but I guess you’ll have to load up your own “sketches” (programs).

MegaCommandLive was originally developed as a MC sketch, and later evolved into a fully-fledged firmware on itself.

Do you have a few of these sketches somewhere? Without a sketch it does nothing, not even send/receive midi. You can plug it in to your computer and fire up a midi monitor to see if it’s the case.

1 Like

@JustinValer has got the original MiniCommand to work with MCL at some point during the development, so you may also have a try with MCL.

Hm, I have tried. But can’t get contact with MiniCommand with my Mac. Maybe I do something wrong, Im kinda new to this.

Then perhaps the MiniCommand is “empty”.
Connect via USB, and get an ArduinoIDE to proceed :slight_smile:

There are no USB port on the MiniCommand. I have connected it via Midi Interface, but it doesn’t appear in the HexUploader!