MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

If you’ve got some experience with C/C++ it shouldn’t be too hard to get started.

The MegaCommand core (MIDICtrl20) that contains the MCL firmware and Elektron libraries compiles within the Arduino IDE. You could use the ArduinoIDE to write programs directly or learn to modify+add to the core directly.

Either way, you need to become familiar with the MIDICtrl20 code base, as that contains all the library functionality for GUI, MIDI, Elektron devices, etc.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

This is a message to announce a new firmware has been completed and will be released very soon.

A quick back story: Around 6 months ago a talented research scientist (Yatao Li) devoted a huge amount of his time and coding expertise to help with the project.

We have spent the last 6 months completely overhauling the graphics and GUI. Improving workflow, accelerating firmware performance and adding some cool new tricks.

List of changes:
https://github.com/jmamma/MIDICtrl20_MegaCommand/blob/dev/Changelog

Sneak preview of the new GUI

18 Likes

Awesome news. Screen shots make interface look super integrated now. Cant wait to have an extra lfo (assignable by pattern?), + drive (saves/loads samples and slots?), fast access to echo / reverb (any plans for eq and compressor?) and play with the snapper interface. Also are old projects compatible?

Looks great!!!

Yes, old projects are still compatible. We have also retained support for the HD44780 display for those still using it.

2 Likes

Science team here.
It’s great pleasure to work with Justin.
A lot of fun, inspiring energy, creativity and endurance along the trip.

13 Likes

Hi @JustinValer and @v-yadli, thanks for the hard work, the new GUI looks great! Looking forward to updating when it’s released.

1 Like

Fixed the last of the bugs this weekend.

I’ll tag the release in the next day or two.

Going to provide binary files and instructions for direct upload this time. Meaning you wont have to compile.

2 Likes

No compile, Amen!!!

No compile?.. nice one. Already been reading through the 2.5 manual. Also did a bit of digging through the github issues discussions, some of which clarify earlier questions. Especially stoked to discover Elvis among the MD firmware patch deep diving, along with possibility of scenes. Respect to both you Justin and @v-yadli.

Thank you @JustinValer and @v-yadli

holy shit this looks amazing! a project for the new year.

great work!

MegaCommand Live 2.50 Released! :rocket:

Click the link below to download the firmware and follow the upload instructions.

The MCL button mappings have changed, be sure to read the included user manual.

8 Likes

Dear @JustinValer @v-yadli,

You really took it to the next level!
the update is smooth, and all looks great.

Thank you for your hard work and your attitude.

1 Like

Yes, this indeed looks like next level. Thank you guys.

Now if only I could use MIDI capabilities via USB port too - that’d be fun-tastic! Yet to dig into that one myself due to constant lack of time.

p.s. oh wait: maybe it’s possible to just put TM-1 in the “loop”?.. Away from HW ATM, can’t try.

MegaCommand Live 2.51 Released! :rocket:

Click the link below to download the firmware and follow the upload instructions.

This is a bug fix release. Addressing issues with chromatic/poly mode and firmware stability.

6 Likes

Thx Justin and yatli. Great work!! 2.51 is doing fine.

1 Like

Finally decided to take the plunge and build my own MClive. My bom is ready but i was wondering if there were some spare pcb available to buy?
if not, are there people interested in buying some if i plan to order a few at pcbway?

1 Like

What the price will be for PCB this way? I might be interested in a spare, besides I may need MIDI/Turbo-MIDI processor/mangler…

it will be 5€/pcb + shipping (from France).
the price of the pcb is at cost, i ordered them yesterday at allpcb. I hope the quality will be there.

3 Likes