MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

Awesome work,
All this news make me want to start one,
I’ve read trough this post but didn’t find the infos, is there anyone making enclosure for this ?

You can 3D print your own enclosure.

2 Likes

I just discover this subject.
Is there a place to buy fully working MiniCommand?

I’ll take one please shipping to Sydney, Australia

1 Like

quite the response people :wink:
all my extra pcbs are claimed.

to everyone who msg’ed me, i will have final shipping costs for you my the end of the weekend.

3 Likes

Can I order a complete prebuilt unit of Megacommand somewhere?

Is it possible to use this with any other Elektron machines? I have an old MiniCommand and Octatrack, A4 and Analog Rytm.

Currently, MCL has native support for A4. Other machines will work with general MIDI mode.

1 Like

I have the original MiniCommand/software. I can’t even get it to communicate with either of the machines, or my Mac OSX Catalina. I have set the A4 to send and receive midi, nothing. Any advice?

I don’t have much experience with the original MiniCommand, but I guess you’ll have to load up your own “sketches” (programs).

MegaCommandLive was originally developed as a MC sketch, and later evolved into a fully-fledged firmware on itself.

Do you have a few of these sketches somewhere? Without a sketch it does nothing, not even send/receive midi. You can plug it in to your computer and fire up a midi monitor to see if it’s the case.

1 Like

@JustinValer has got the original MiniCommand to work with MCL at some point during the development, so you may also have a try with MCL.

Hm, I have tried. But can’t get contact with MiniCommand with my Mac. Maybe I do something wrong, Im kinda new to this.

Then perhaps the MiniCommand is “empty”.
Connect via USB, and get an ArduinoIDE to proceed :slight_smile:

There are no USB port on the MiniCommand. I have connected it via Midi Interface, but it doesn’t appear in the HexUploader!

Unfortunately MCL won’t work on the MiniCommand. The MiniCommand processor ATMEGA64 only has 64KB of flash memory.

MCL is over 200KB in size.

MIDICtrl20 has been back ported to work with the original Minicommand hardware, but it is currently untested. In theory you could run a cutdown version of MCL. I attempted to do something like this but couldn’t get the binary below 128KB.

1 Like

If someone has spare time and coding experience, we could work on getting a super light version of MCL running. That would only include the chromatic page, and maybe 1 or two extra pages.

1 Like

MegaCommand Live 2.61 released!! :rocket:

MCL version 2.61 requires that you upgrade your Machinedrum OS to version 1.71.

Changes:

• Arpeggiator added to Chromatic Page. Accessible from Track Select Menu.
  • MIDI CC can be used to control MD Parameters across poly tracks.
    CC 16 to 40 controls MD Params 1 to 24.
  • Added many more scales to Chromatic Page
  • Chromatic Page now indicates when in POLY mode.
  • Added support for TRX-S2
4 Likes

Still available one? :slight_smile:

Originally posted in the wrong thread, I’ve a question regarding sourcing the components to build a megacommand:

I’m in the process of sourcing the components but there are a couple of ics and encoders I can’t seem to find in stock anywhere. My electronics knowledge is not adequate enough to tell if the possible alternative parts that are available would work. Would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction?

encoders could be substitute with a different shaft length, or choose a dented encoder instead of smooth.

Dented encoder, same shaft length

(dented encoder, clicks when you turn it)

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bourns/PEC11R-4215F-S0024?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduidMAYXvh4P%2BIL1kWpVbHQo5zifEL03PQA6gwsmKmQN0B3y6qtGjcp7

What other components are you missing ?

1 Like