Miles Kvndra musics and tutorials almost Digitone only

Hey Elektronauts,

Here’s another Digitone only video to match the title of this thread a little better! :upside_down_face:
I’ve recently done a lot of sound designing on the Digitone and found myself coming back to some techniques to make the Digitone sound warmer. I really appreciate the Digitone being an FM synth, but sometimes I just don’t want the typical glassy/metallic FM sounds. So I put together six tips on how to make the Digitone sound more analog - hope you find it useful!

Cheers and have a great rest of the week,
Miles

7 Likes

Hey Elektronauts and first of all happy new year!
I wanted to share the live performance of my new song “Polluting”! This jam was part of the first episode of Dawless Dynamite that aired last Friday, a 60 minute dawless performance of 11 artists. I hope you dig the jam. :slight_smile:

Audio-Routing: Digitone → Microcosm → Digitakt → Olympus LS-5 (mobile recorder). The final recording was mastered by me using iZotope Ozone.

Have a great rest of the week y’all,
Miles

5 Likes

oh man, that drop is naaaazty

always amazed by your songs

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah it was risky to stop the jam in the drop and then hit play again because if you miss the timing the delay tails are off sync. But in this case it worked out. :grin:

2 Likes

when you know, you know!

1 Like

Hey Elektronauts,

I just made a new video on our beloved Elektron sequencer and wanted to share some tips that I like to use to keep my music interesting. I love the sequencer because it of its versatility and that it makes it possible to change nearly every parameter of a sound per step (except from the Digitone’s arp setting which is sad, but hey :slight_smile: ). So here’s my take on that - hope you find it useful!

Cheers and have a great rest of the week,
Miles

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing new tips about the DN :wink:

One thing though about combining ternary and binary rythms: you can use the scale option in the Page menu and set one of the machine to 3/4 or 3/2. That’s a very fast way to turn a 4/4 to a 3/2 or 3/4 pattern without hassle. Don’t forget to set the Pattern length to a number you can divide by 3 and 4 (a multiple of 12) to have a continuous effect. Leaving it like this can also create interesting effect when the pattern restarts.

Unfortunately that’s the only option, i wish they would offer more option (5/8, 5/4, 7/8, 9/8 at least).

1 Like

Hey @Blasted_pingin, thanks a lot! That is a really nice tip. I usually set the pattern length per track and tried it in one of my tracks as you described but the restart was sometimes a little too unexpected. But in general I think this works well and need to try it for some nice rhythmic effects - cheers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey fellow Elektronauts,

I made my first sample pack ever with sounds which I used in a lot of my previous jams! The pack is free and tailor made for the Digitakt (44.1 kHz 16 bit mono wav files) but can of course also be used in other samplers or DAWs. The sounds from the pack are mostly percussive and were recorded in a garage with nice reverb to it - hope you like the sounds and you can use them. :slight_smile:

You can find the pack here: Sample Pack | Mechanical Metropolis

Cheers and hope all of you stay safe,
Miles

5 Likes

Thank you (again) for sharing!

1 Like

You’re welcome @rtme! :slight_smile:

Hey Elektronauts,

I’m happy to share my new song “Haunting” which I performed completely on the Elektron Digitone/Digitakt and the Hologram Microcosm. With this jam I tried to work with different time signatures on the rythms and really like how it turned out in the end. Always happy to hear what you guys think!

Audio-Routing: Digitone → Microcosm → Digitakt → Olympus LS-5 (mobile recorder). The final recording was mastered by my man Wall Brown.

Cheers and brilliant day to all of you,
Miles

4 Likes

that break is hot as usal
me like this song

1 Like

Thanks a bunch dude! Great that you like it and yeah, really happy how this break turned out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Elektronauts,

Hope you had a great weekend! Last Friday I released a new EP and played a 30 min liveset of all the EP’s songs just using the Digitone, Digitakt and the Microcosm. Although some transitions were a little improvised I really liked how it turned out - the Digis are just so great for live performing!

Happy to hear your thoughts and have a brilliant week!
Miles

2 Likes

Hey Elektronauts,

Are here still people with the good old Digitakt or is the Syntakt completely taking over? :sunglasses:

I have a new tutorial out in which I explain my three steps that I go through when creating drum and percussion grooves. Hope you enjoy it and if you have some additional tips to add groove let me know!

Cheers and have a great rest of the week! :raised_hands:t2:
Miles

4 Likes