MIDI to trigger samples with Alesis Trigger I O

If you want to trigger specific midi events from incoming hardware , be it switches or varying intensity signals, then you really ought to look at a small bespoke Arduino or axoloti project perhaps as an alternative (although basing your project around an existing piece of gear may make more sense, the axoloti or arduino can be a MIDI interpreter too [much cheaper solution if you’re prepared to dabbed a bit in code-land] )

In my example, Cc48 value is depending on note C4 velocity.

There is Bomebox, Midipal / Midibud, Mep4 too.
I bought an Arduino for that too but no time / brain for that for the moment. Ep+ works very well and I find it quite easy to program with the soft. You cannot do everything, change midi channels for ex.
I have Midipal and Mep4 too.

Thanks for the axoloti hint, havent heard of it before!

Do you own one and can tell me a bit more about it? When you say that it can act as an MIDI interpreter, does that mean that I have to send notes from the ATio to axoloti or can I connect the piezos directly into the board? The price is really nice.

Thanks, that seems like exactly what I’m looking for with the value depending on velocity.

But using the ATio (~80€ 2nd hand) + EPplus (169€) seems like an very expensive solution. The Bomebox with additional software (to translate and map events) is also not cheap with 260€.

But thank you very much, knowing that it will work feels good. Now it’s just about the price.

You could do either

either Process Incoming MIDI
or
Interpret external trigger events and convert to Midi

All of this is doable with much cheaper Arduino clones too, the Axolotl is mainly a modular sound generation platform, midi is part of the control side of it - it’s also great value as it’s a USB MIDI Host and they are normally very pricey

If you find a second hand…very helpfull for different purpose.
I’d love to tweak midi with Arduino but I takes a lot of time, which is money…

ok, one last question: How to access the MIDI CCs within the EP+?

Let’s say I want to modulate the LFO PARAM 1, the manual says: $1C 28
Can I choose these Hex+Dec within the EP+ software and map it (with value depending on the velocity) to an incoming MIDI note?

Just to make things clear before going to get one. Thanks!