Midi sync weirdos

Hi guys, do not know if someone noticed or experienced the same:

• AH appears in Ableton Midi ports named as Analog Four…even if I do not have an AF anymore…

• The ext midi tempo it gets is bit less of 5 points lower than the actual BPM tempo in Live (e.g. 120 bpm in Live - AH sees 115.1/115.2 bpm)
This gets worse if the tempo is higher…at 180bpm AH displays 182.2/182.3

Anyone?

1 Like

Update: looks like a known bug soon to b fixed

1 Like

Yup - same here via OT. Outgoing tempo 100. AH sees 96/95.9. Glad it’s on the list to be fixed.

Same here, 4 BPM of difference. With Reason, Live and 2 different MIDI interfaces, same bug !

Same Here, around 4 BPM difference.

+1 on this. Same here

+1 Same here.

Hopefully we will get the bug fixed soon, together with OB … :sunglasses:

I’m unaware of plugging the AH with the USB into your DAW without Overbridge and having it recognized by the program. I thought AH needed Overbridge to use this functionality as well…

+1 … About 5bpm out when synced to mpc.

No fick all about “Midi Sync Weirdos” but it’s a great name for a band … :stuck_out_tongue:

They would of course use only electronic instruments and play consistently out of time.

1 Like

ahahahahha…First album would be called…Tap The Tempo

1 Like

I’m also seeing MIDI sync issues between my Machinedrum and Analog Heat. 4 BPM lower on the AH than what’s set on the MD.

Yes it is a problem inside AH, so anytime it tries to get clock it doesn’t sync properly, any clock sources feed it…next, the first-update, should fix this.

edit: +1 to the 5bpm sync difference. um, without further ado.

hmm, 1.02 has been solid for me and I haven’t noticed syncing issues, but I have not used the AH since xmas started so I might be wrong, only used it some hours so far.

Has this been resolved yet? Its kinda bizarre that something this obvious would slip past.

yes, it has been fixed

1 Like

Speaking of MIDI sync, what’s the MIDI for in the Analog Heat and how do i connect with my other elektron gear? ( sorry, stupid question)

The AH’s MIDI connections allow its preset to be changed and its LFO speed to be synchronized to the tempo at which your other gear is running. Pages 18 and 24 of the manual shows you where on the AH to set up these functions.

If your other gear can send MIDI Control Change or NRPN messages from its knobs or its sequencer, it can control the sound parameters of the AH. See Appendix A of the manual for the full list of what can be controlled.

1 Like